Sign in with
Your question

I'm looking for a good graphic card to my old PC.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 1:04:15 PM

Hello,

I have Asus P4P800-Deluxe Mainboard
1512 gb kingston ram
3.0 ghz p4
And 350 W psu.

I dont want to change my pc and i want to play new games!( I know it's hard to find a good card for it.)

My motherboard is supporting AGP so i need a agp card. I think Sapphire or HIS HD4650 can be good for my pc. Can i run it?
Which card can you suggest me? Thanks...

More about : good graphic card

a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 1:42:39 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I have Asus P4P800-Deluxe Mainboard
1512 gb kingston ram
3.0 ghz p4
And 350 W psu.

I dont want to change my pc and i want to play new games!( I know it's hard to find a good card for it.)

My motherboard is supporting AGP so i need a agp card. I think Sapphire or HIS HD4650 can be good for my pc. Can i run it?
Which card can you suggest me? Thanks...

Hmm. The thing is that any card for that system is only a money waster. It will not provide any good gameplay and it will cost too much for the satisfaction offered. I say forget about a new card and start saving for a new PC. For 500$ you can get a decent rig that will hold you just as much as that PC you have now.
a c 235 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 1:49:14 PM

if you can find a 4650 AGP (the vast majority are PCI-E x16) card it will run but you will most likely need to turn to the used market or pay a hefty premium for a new one.

if newegg does not carry it or is too expensive, try ebay or amazon
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 2:26:37 PM

A 4650 is probably about the best you can do for AGP -- 4670 or 3850 are actually faster, but a single-core CPU is going to be a bottleneck for all three, so you might as well just get the cheapest one.

You'll actually probaly get the same performance with a 3650 for less money than any of those cards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

But as others have said, even with a new card, this machine is still not going to be very good for new games. This upgrade will get you the minimum compatibility requirements, but you can expect to be limited to low settings and low resolutions, and if you try to play anything very intense, you'll still get a slideshow. I assume you have your reasons for wanting to keep this machine instead of going for a new one, but be aware that you can get a used dual-core machine for like $200 that will perform 5x better, and for even $400 you could put together a triple-core system that's very respectable for modern gaming.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 3:58:13 PM

Thank you for answers. I will use this pc with my new graphic card for 1-1,5 years.After that,I will use laptop. So i dont want to waste my money with buying a new pc. I have two more questions.

1)Can HD4650 work with 350 W PSU?(I dont know it's real value.)
2) Can i play Empire:Total war or COD 4(These are examples) with this card? ( And with this CPU?)

Thanks,
a c 235 U Graphics card
February 26, 2010 4:10:24 PM

1) yes

2) yougamers.com has a game-o-meter you can test your system against various games
!