Closed

Corrupted word doc

Hi guys,

I have a word 2003 doc we have been working on for days and somehow it became corrupt and word cannot open it anymore. I have tried so far open and recover and about 5 methods shown in the microsoft support site but they don't do anything. I need to recover this, what else can I try, can anyone help me please! :cry:

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about corrupted word

1. No need to buy dubious recovery software. Download Open Office free of charge and see if that can open the file. Here's a link to the download site.

Isn't it incredible how a first time poster can suddenly turn up and plug his software so soon after you posted the problem. I wonder which robot he's using.

2. I know it is awful. I have managed to recover most of the file, somehow extracted it to an open office doc, saw lots of special characters and underscores but I took what I needed and put it in a new open office doc and done a cleanup.

Thanks a lot
  3. damian86 said:
    Hi guys,

I have a word 2003 doc we have been working on for days and somehow it became corrupt and word cannot open it anymore. I have tried so far open and recover and about 5 methods shown in the microsoft support site but they don't do anything. I need to recover this, what else can I try, can anyone help me please! :cry:

Thanks
    :hello: harry here when u go to documents & click on the file that where there r stored what does it say, it want open or click on send to the desktop see it will open there.. :)
  4. harryblue954 said:
    :click on send to the desktop see it will open there.. :)

Hello Harry and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

It's always nice to see enthusiastic new posters but do you seriously think a corrupted file will open properly just by creating a new shortcut?

Ask a new question

Read More

Word 2003 Windows XP