Sign in with
Your question

PC Turns On Then Immediately Off From Sleep

Last response: in Systems
March 10, 2010 11:45:37 PM

eveytime i turn on my pc from sleep it turns off a few seconds after i press the KEYBOARD. i have to press it again for the pc to turn on. the second time i turn it on i hear the "post beep", see my bios logo, Windows resuming loading screen then about a minute later my desktop.

this is what i've tried already:
Loaded optimized defaults in bios.
Made sure all connections are properly plugged in my tower.
disabled hybrid sleep, same result.
all drivers are up to date.

Adittional info:
I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 a couple days ago (same disc i used before, never had this problem with it)
Installed a USB hub connected to my mobo.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!
March 11, 2010 10:30:03 AM

I've reinstalled windows 7, same result. Can anyone help me here? could this be a hardware malfunction?
m
l
March 11, 2010 11:28:44 AM

ANYONE?
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2010 3:23:31 PM

babbar said:
ANYONE?

let me get this strait. your computer is in sleep mode and you press the power button to bring it back up and it shuts off seconds later?

Or after YOU wake up from sleeping and power your PC on it shuts right off?

If its the first option, dont you just have to move your mouse, or hit a key on the keyboard to bring it out of sleep? This is just a stab in the dark, but in that case maybe its shutting off because you pressed the power button?

When my PC goes into sleep mode, I just tap a key on the keyboard and it will come out of it.
m
l
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
March 11, 2010 3:32:35 PM

To follow tsd, if you're pressing the power button to wake it, you're shutting it down manually. To wake it up from sleep mode, you just hit any keyboard key or move the mouse.

If it's shutting down after you wake it up through the mouse or a keystroke, then it's a software problem, and not something we can help with...
m
l
March 11, 2010 5:33:36 PM

i press the keyboard to wake up the pc, i phrased it wrong in the first post, i hope this is a software error it would actually be better news
m
l
March 12, 2010 9:43:45 PM

It turns out the BETA BIOS version i was using caused this, i recently downgraded and everything works fine now, thank you everyone who tried to help.
m
l
!