Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Socket
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2010 10:03:26 PM

Hello,
I have a GA-P35-DS4 and the CPU fan socket won't work. I RMA'ed it and gigabyte says it's good. I swapped out the fans and it still didn't work. Any Ideas? Does the CPU run that socket? I think thats what is dead. My other fans are working.

More about : cpu socket fan

a b à CPUs
a c 717 V Motherboard
November 5, 2010 10:12:08 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :) 

Boot into BIOS, Load Defaults, Save and Exit. Otherwise, did you connect both 24-pin ATX main power connector and 8-pin ATX 12V power connector to the MOBO.

Also, do you have a 'case fan' connected to the MOBO - does it work? If not it could be either a bad PSU or CPU {if you cannot post/boot}.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 5, 2010 10:12:12 PM

Do you connect the fan attached to your cpu heatsink/cooler to that socket? That fan MUST connect there, and it IS controlled by the cpu.

The rest of what you said is a bit confusing, but lets at least establish the right fan going to the right place.
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2010 10:25:59 PM

Can't boot into bios, all the power connectors are connected. I think my CPU crapped on me if the CPU controls that cpu fan socket.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 717 V Motherboard
November 5, 2010 10:35:06 PM

If it is the CPU_FAN header by itself the system would ~ post/boot and thermally shut down. While there is a strong possibility of a bad CPU, to R/O try another PSU from another/old PC. Otherwise, you 'could' buy and return if necessary {check return policies} another PSU. I prefer Corsair.

I know this sucks! :( 
m
l
November 20, 2010 11:18:40 PM

My buddy is saying the MB controls that CPU_FAN header, but i can't boot into bios so it has to be my CPU right?
m
l
!