Problem with Radeon HD 5870

ualdriver

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
Hi-

I recently purchased a new HD5870 graphics card.

I noticed today that when I was rapidly moving open Internet Explorer and Firefox windows around on the screen, that the vertical left and right edges of the windows would be kind of "screwed up" for lack of a better term. Some of the graphics would become pixelated with "blocky" squares of color, enough where some of the browser would become unreadable. Closing the browser and opening it again fixed the problem, but I've never had that problem before when moving windows around rapidly on the screen.

I would guess that this isn't "normal" so where would I start in an attempt to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Windows XP Home
Radeon HD 5870
Dell 3008WFP
DVI-D connection
P5W DH Deluxe MB
Quad Core Pentium
4GB Corsair DDR 2

sunny9874704905

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
It's not u'r graphics card that is causing the problem Bro, It's You OS. Upgrade to Windows 7 64bit, Everything will be fine....... [I'll recommend not to try VISTA, Vista Slows down Computer too much]

It's probably not your GPU's fault. Are you using the latest drivers? What happens when you disable XP's UI features?

I should probably note in response to sunny that Vista and 7 are both much better than XP. There's nothing wrong with Vista at all - it's a great OS since SP1.

ualdriver

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006

OK, thanks. You're right, I probably should ditch Windows XP. It's just that everything is set up "just right" and I dread doing a complete reinstall :)

ualdriver

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006

I am using the latest drivers from the ATI website. I don't know what you mean by disabling XP UI features. Could you help me with that?

Thanks!