• PCI Express
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2010 3:13:53 PM

Hello,
I just purchased the following:
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 2600 PRO 512MB PCI-E Dual DVI New

I purchased it because I want to use two monitors. The problem is I don't know anyone who uses two monitors so I don't know how to get started. Can anyone help me?

More about : monitors

February 26, 2010 3:15:05 PM

Plug them both in, and then use the Catalyst Control Center (or Window's screen settings menu) to arrange the monitors how you like.
m
l
February 26, 2010 3:32:33 PM

frozenlead said:
Plug them both in, and then use the Catalyst Control Center (or Window's screen settings menu) to arrange the monitors how you like.

I was pretty sure that it would be that easy but wasn't sure. Now that the price of monitors is going down, a second 17" will be nice.

BTW, how do I open different programs/documents on each screen? Do I have desktops on each and I just select what I want on each screen? Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2010 4:27:40 PM

Not to burst your bubble here... but why get two 17' monitors when a 21-22"s are available for like $120?
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2010 5:23:32 PM

You open your program like an internet browser and drag it over to your other screen, then maximize it and your done.
m
l
February 26, 2010 5:58:32 PM

Everything you run will open on screen 1 however you can drag it to screen two and then maximize it if it is a program that runs in a window. However a program that runs full screen mode will take screen one and you will more than likely lose your ability to move your mouse to screen 2 until it closes or you minimize it or turn the program from a full screen state to windowed. Also you will want to make sure that in the display properties are set to extend your desktop rather than clone the displays or everything i typed was rather pointless.
m
l
February 27, 2010 4:13:46 AM

eberkleer said:
Everything you run will open on screen 1 however you can drag it to screen two and then maximize it if it is a program that runs in a window. However a program that runs full screen mode will take screen one and you will more than likely lose your ability to move your mouse to screen 2 until it closes or you minimize it or turn the program from a full screen state to windowed. Also you will want to make sure that in the display properties are set to extend your desktop rather than clone the displays or everything i typed was rather pointless.

Also you will want to make sure that in the display properties are set to extend your desktop rather than clone the displays

I'm not sure what you mean by this! Thanks
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 27, 2010 4:16:42 AM

Extended mode lets you have two monitors with different resolutions, effectively doubling the desktop work area. Clone mode is where you have both screens show the exact same on each, Its just another thing you can do with two monitors.
m
l

Best solution

February 27, 2010 7:48:17 AM

Yep that's right! I think in windows this is under the actual windows display properties but don't think it is in the catalyst control center. I may be wrong on that though I haven't really seen any of the new CCC or really done a lot of multi display work in over a year.
February 27, 2010 2:39:59 PM

deadlockedworld said:
Not to burst your bubble here... but why get two 17' monitors when a 21-22"s are available for like $120?

Well I have a 17" and I looked and could not find a 21-22 for 120.
m
l
February 27, 2010 2:45:02 PM

Best answer selected by de1946.
m
l
February 27, 2010 2:46:46 PM

eberkleer said:

Thank You for your input. Now to find a second monitor.
m
l
!