Dell Inspiron 530 S XP drivers

jdp06

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Pre-installed Vista hard drive crashed and of course Dell did not supply O/S CD so have to install new HD and I want XP. Anyone know where I can find the drivers as the ones from Dells site didn't work for the ethernet card so I didn't download any more from their site!

Thanks for any help

cl-scott

Honorable
If you eschew the Dell website, then you're stuck going round to every individual manufacturer's website for the key components in the system, and hoping they have XP drivers for the components in your system. Be prepared for the very real possibility that they may not exist.

harryblue954

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
had the same problem u have to plug in ur DSL & go online to get from dell/support & crashed hdd is not the the end of the world it crashed because u were doing to many things at 1 time & it ran out of ram the it when to virtaul ram which it uses the HDD when that ran BAM BSOD or crashed it the computer asking u for help me by not doing all at once like to many programs loading at start-up u don't know that take up part of the ram 50% so wind up with 50% to do ur thing & BAM POW it closed not to cause farther damage to ur system go to msconfig then to startup tab & all of them with marks load so disable all but ur anti virus then restart all in safe mode f8 at start-up do a disk clean-up & a defrag, then boot back in to windows u will have a faster machine ;)