Old Graphics Cards?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Well, I just built a new system, and have two old graphics cards just laying around now. One's a fairly useless PNY Geforce 8400GS, and the other is a really useless 256MB ATI Radeon X600 HyperMemory.
I was wondering if there was any use for these old cards... I've got 3 more open PCI-E Slots on my MSI 790fx-GD70 Board. I'm running an MSI Radeon 5770 right now...
Any ideas, or should I just put them in the box of old parts?...

scarletvw

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
You could sell them on craigslist or another online site, you could put them in and then get a monitor for each one and run a bunch of different monitors, you could put them in the box and stick it on the shelf, you could use them instead of clay pigeons, you could drill a hole through them and then put in a clock kit to make a graphics card clock...

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Lol, and that used to be my only main graphics card... what's that say about the good ol' Dell...
Not really sure what to do with the Radeon x600... heck, that thing's so old, I'm half afraid to sell it because someone would end up buying it thinking it's a decent card... I don't even know if it can run DX9. Ah, I could always plug it in and see how high the voltage could go before it explodes... :whistle:

:pt1cable: It will be ok just sell it online some ware for like $10 (as is no returns).