Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Phantom 820 question

Last response: in Overclocking
January 11, 2013 2:59:03 AM

I wanna put a rs360 kit in my 820, in the top. There's a few 200mm fans that come with it, what i wanna know is should I remove the 2x200mm fans from the top or would it b okay to leave them and mount the 360 Rad with push fans inside the case? I did read the wc sticky and learned a lot from it

More about : phantom 820 question

a c 168 K Overclocking
January 11, 2013 3:18:50 AM

You will have to remove the 200mm fans. The way that the radiator mounts requires that the fans need to be above the "ceiling" of the case, directly where those 200mm fans are.
January 11, 2013 3:39:03 AM

this case has 90mm internal space between top plate and motherboard(so they say), and the screw holes for the 120mm's are recessed.

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom...

go to the gallery and look at pics 50, 56, 60 and 61, i've seen it mounted the way i'm sayin but never with 200mm's above it(only push/pull), eventually ill get 3 2x sets of sp120's for push/pull. maybe not if this fits this way and performs to my liking... ill probly have to just wait and see what happens when i have it all in front of me
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 168 K Overclocking
January 11, 2013 3:46:51 AM

Its not a problem with the mounting holes as it is the radiator itself.
The holes on the bottom of the rad don't go all the way through, the fins are in the way. So you cant screw the rad to the case from the bottom.

You could put the rad above the ceiling of the case and then you could mount using the bottom holes, but that would defeat the point as the 200mm's would have to go anyway.
January 11, 2013 3:57:38 AM

manofchalk said:
Its not a problem with the mounting holes as it is the radiator itself.
The holes on the bottom of the rad don't go all the way through, the fins are in the way. So you cant screw the rad to the case from the bottom.

You could put the rad above the ceiling of the case and then you could mount using the bottom holes, but that would defeat the point as the 200mm's would have to go anyway.

im talking about screwing it from the top, if you look at the pics 32-34 they have it mounted this way(could be a fake pic tho), also cant see whether its push/pull or just push. so if i want to do push pull i would have to mount the rad and pull fans on top of the ceiling with the push fans mounted inside the case?

Best solution

a c 168 K Overclocking
January 11, 2013 4:03:05 AM

If you wanted to have the fans in push from the bottom and screw it in from the top, you would need short screws, as the screws that would be included with the rad will be too long (as they are made to pass through a fan).
Not sure on the thread or screw size that the RS360 rad uses, so you may have to ask elsewhere.

If you want to mount it push/pull you will have to have it that way.
January 11, 2013 4:10:21 AM

i figured i would have to get short screws from somewhere, i just saw a video with a guy using the same kit in pull with the rad under the plate, then he added push fans on the bottom. frozen cpu says 6-32 unc, ill just have to get them in different sizes or remove the top plate and take that and the rad to home depot or someplace and get them
January 11, 2013 4:11:30 AM

Best answer selected by sfvirgo86.
!