Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is the best video card out.

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 11, 2013 4:47:13 AM

Best video card out. No price limits. I want to know if you can SLI/Crossfire it.

More about : video card

a c 95 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 11, 2013 4:52:08 AM

pick one from the top 20 on the list
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 11, 2013 5:20:15 AM

the last minute odd push that Asus revealed at CES 2013 like 2 or 3 days ago:

the Asus 7990 ge Ares ii(probably)
Spoiler

http://news.softpedia.com/news/CES-2013-ASUS-Ares-II-Du...


edit: but if dual gpu based cards arent alowed, I would think the card that would have the most potential is the Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum
m
0
l
January 12, 2013 12:07:31 AM

GtX690 byt as far as Bang for ur buck goes, the 7970 is the way 2 go

With no money limit a quad cf 7970 would be my choice rather than 2x690 sli
m
0
l
January 13, 2013 12:01:01 AM

matrix is best single core card if you are ok with it taking up 3 slots on mother board. If not I would recommend the Sapphire 7970 vapour X since it is the best cooler I know which is double slot.
m
0
l
January 13, 2013 12:12:41 AM

Honestly i dont see a reason or need to go above xfire 2 7970's. Pick up 2 of the Sapphire Vapor-x 7970's 6gb Ghz editions and proceed to overclock the crap out of them. I only have 1 sapphire vapor-x 7950 and have overclocked it 20% over stock speeds. That being said my friends pc has SLI 2 690's and the fps in games is so frikin awesome it pisses me off to where i want to throw his comp out a window.
m
0
l
January 13, 2013 3:49:14 AM

minidruid said:
Honestly i dont see a reason or need to go above xfire 2 7970's. Pick up 2 of the Sapphire Vapor-x 7970's 6gb Ghz editions and proceed to overclock the crap out of them. I only have 1 sapphire vapor-x 7950 and have overclocked it 20% over stock speeds. That being said my friends pc has SLI 2 690's and the fps in games is so frikin awesome it pisses me off to where i want to throw his comp out a window.


There is some reason to go for more then 2 way because once you go 3 way micro stuttering disappears. Although if that is your problem you would probably going for 3 7870/50's.

Other then that super computers?
m
0
l
January 13, 2013 6:18:51 AM

motella said:
GtX690 byt as far as Bang for ur buck goes, the 7970 is the way 2 go

With no money limit a quad cf 7970 would be my choice rather than 2x690 sli



I would never quadfire any AMD cards. Crossfire yes. There drivers just arent there if you want your best gaming performance with quadfire AMD cards. If you want 3+ cards go NVIDIA. IF you want just two, i would go 7970 in a crossfire set up.
m
0
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 150 K Overclocking
January 13, 2013 6:30:30 AM

3 cards for reduced microstuttering.
m
0
l
January 13, 2013 10:41:12 PM

amuffin said:
3 cards for reduced microstuttering.


Thats what I said.

Quote:
There is some reason to go for more then 2 way because once you go 3 way micro stuttering disappears
m
0
l
!