Sign in with
Your question

My monitor wont recieve signal

Last response: in Memory
November 6, 2010 5:14:06 PM

hi guys, i have a problem with my monitor and rams. i have 2 stick of 2 gb of ocz ddr2 1066 mhz rams. if i install both of them in, it will not work, but if i take one out my computer would boot fine. ive tried setting my volts to .2 but nothing. i know for sure both of my rams works fine bc ive tested it. is there any solution for this? thanks
November 6, 2010 7:17:21 PM

What's your computer setup? Do you have a dedicated graphics card?
m
l
November 6, 2010 7:41:44 PM

mobo: gigbyte ma-790x
memory:o cz platnum 2x4 ddr2 1066mhz
gfx: 5850
psu: 650 watts antec
case:antec900
hdd: 750 gb
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
November 6, 2010 8:09:58 PM

We need more info:

- You say both RAM sticks are good because you tested them. How did you test them?
- You say the PC works with one stick of RAM. Does it work with just the other stick of RAM?
- You say you set 'my volts to .2" Huh?

If you can boot the PC with either stick of memory . . .

With one stick of memory installed, clear CMOS** and reload factory defaults*** in BIOS and try again with 2 sticks..

** Pull plug from wall, remove battery from mobo, press the case power switch several times (to drain the psu), wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in, put plug into wall, power up and go straight to BIOS setup.

*** Load factory defaults, save, and exit BIOS. Boot up into Windows, then shut down. Install the second stick of memory and reboot.
m
l
November 6, 2010 8:54:29 PM

i test them by testing those rams one at a time. the monitor would recieve signal if i use one stick. if i put 2 than the monitor will not turn on. its 2.0 votage. i have tried loading my bios everything to default, and i also try to reset the bios by removing the battery from the motherboard. still nothing. is this a common problem? i tried looking everywhere but i cant seem to find a solution.
m
l
a b } Memory
November 6, 2010 9:20:01 PM

I should have asked earlier - is this a new build?

Is the 4-pin power connector plugged into the mobo?

Are the psu, mobo, or memory all new?

Did these 2 sticks of RAM ever work in this mobo? Did they ever work in any PC?
m
l
November 8, 2010 12:24:28 AM

its not a new build.

i have an 8 12v pins, its plugged thats why my computer runs fine even with 1 stick.

they are all used.

im sure its not the rams...): and my computer works fine, its just that if i stick 2 sticks in my monitor wouldnt turn on)':
m
l
a b } Memory
November 8, 2010 1:24:34 AM

Well, as long as you are sure.
m
l
November 8, 2010 1:49:10 AM

does anyone know the solution for this problem? please help):
m
l
!