Confused and worried what should I do with my HDD?

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hi guyz,
I recently got new WD green 500GB 32mb cache HDD and m using this for last 3months. Actually what happen that my win7 was performing weird like slow startup and shutdown, hang on welcome screen, black for a while and then destop. I used many software and due to stupidity, i use freeware to clean defrag registries and hard drive, after that it become too slow and blue screen error came twice. I am not much worried about my HDD but the main thing is my IMPORTANT DATA which I cant jsut let it go....I only have single copy of it and confused and worried what should I do next..i mean...shouldI format C:/, will this work, should I format my wholeHDD, but cant my DATA!!!!! :SS

Seriously guyz plz help me as i only wanna save my data and plz tell me exact and secure method how to clarify that my HDD is fully ok, no bad sector or crappy thing or there are chances of losing data or not???

M puzzled! Sorry for long story. I hope i'll get my solution!

THANKS!

Solution
Based on the wording in your post, and some of the solutions you mentioned I would highly suggest taking your computer to a repair center and letting someone backup the data for you. Several of the options you mentioned would permanently erase the data, and it is not worth trying to experiment here if you are really concerned with the data.

So basically don't touch your machine, and take it to a repair center to get the data backed up and hard drive tested.

tomatthe

Distinguished
Based on the wording in your post, and some of the solutions you mentioned I would highly suggest taking your computer to a repair center and letting someone backup the data for you. Several of the options you mentioned would permanently erase the data, and it is not worth trying to experiment here if you are really concerned with the data.

So basically don't touch your machine, and take it to a repair center to get the data backed up and hard drive tested.

Solution

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thanks, I'll take it to the repair centre!