What should i buy?

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I wanna make my DATA more secure from these damages due to corruption or bad sectors, should I get another HDD for boot like Seagate 500GB 16mb cache and keep my old WD green 500GB for storage or should I get Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB?

no matter of price just want that thing which is more reliable and can keep my data safe and sound! :)

Thanks

Solution
Buying a boot drive doesn't do much in terms of keeping the data any safer then it already is, it may lesson the use on the drive with your data on it, but it's still just stored on a single drive which if that fails the data would be lost. Buying an external drive and copying your data to this drive would be a better solution if keeping the data safe is the goal here.

There are lots of other options here, but a basic backup to an external drive meets most peoples needs.

tomatthe

Distinguished
Buying a boot drive doesn't do much in terms of keeping the data any safer then it already is, it may lesson the use on the drive with your data on it, but it's still just stored on a single drive which if that fails the data would be lost. Buying an external drive and copying your data to this drive would be a better solution if keeping the data safe is the goal here.

There are lots of other options here, but a basic backup to an external drive meets most peoples needs.

Solution

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thanks buddy :)