nvmbralpha332

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Hello,
i have a new asus p6tse with i7 930 12gigs kingston 1600 ram 128gig ssd primary hd 1tb 7200rpm storage drive antec 900 case antec 1000 psu soundblaster fatality pro sound card came with gigabyte 5870 gpu i changed it to a asus eah5970 now pc crashes when i try to play battlefield bad company 2 updated graphics driver re installed game it runs fine one time then next time i try it crashes any suggestions should i try re installing windows 7 pro ?

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I can't imagine reinstalling Windows would make too much of a difference and it shouldn't be necessary to be honest. Did you completely remove all of the drivers from your previous graphics card? And did you get the latest drivers for your new card from the AMD/ATI website? At this point it seems to be a driver issue rather than anything hardware-related.

What I would do is uninstall your current GPU drivers, double-check that your old GPU drivers have also been completely removed. Download CCleaner (link below) run a scan and clean. This will flush temporary files etc. Then download the very latest stable drivers from the ATI website and install those. Try this first and see if its any better, if not post back and we'll take it from there. Best of luck!

CCleaner:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

nvmbralpha332

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
thank you moody 89
i used ati unninstall all components then did disk clean then defrage then shut it down then r and r the 5870 for the 5970 then lit it up closed all messages bringing to idle then downloaded drivers from amd site for ati ccc version 10.4 and drivers worked fine for the first day then crashed on the second day blue screen error occured with your newly installed hardware bla bla bla so i re installed the drivers seemed ok next try in morning crashed so i reinstalled the game it seemed ok for that nite played prolly 3hours no problem
next evining start pc start game crash im not happy now
so i tried to do as clean of reinstalling divers and game each one more time game worked that nite couple of hours next morning i had to try and yup she crashed again
the crashes have been a little differrent some of the time freeze until all i can do is hit reset power and it restarts to give me blue screen error mess other times screen flashing also noise on speakers reset power restart no error other times skits out restart on its own to ither error mess or windows good to go the one last time windows only made it hlf way on then error repair started after getting it all shut down and restarted windows normally seems ok i didnt bother trying to start game thats where we are now thats why i thought maybe the error or corruption is in windows
want to try something tonight new smoking pc new hot game me not happy

nvmbralpha332

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[hi moody89
i found the problem it is the a.i. feature in ccc you have to disable it for some gpu's running on 64bit systems.
eah5970 is one of the cards affected by this once you disable a.i. everything runs smooth