Advice on new mobo pls.

brendz155

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Hey guys, I want to upgrade my motherboard to one that supports DDR2 AND DDR3, on the socket AM2/+/3

I have a Athlon II X3 445, and I want to unlock it....

thanks.

Asrock makes the n68c-s ($41.99 plus shipping at newegg) that can unlock a core and has 2 ddr2 and 2 ddr3 slots; reviews are pretty good, but unlocking is hit or miss. Similar boards by other brands will have the same chipset, so this asrock is as good as it gets.

brendz155

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
well can you advise me a cheap motherboard...

here is my setup

AMD II X3 445

580W PSU

2GB DDR 800

GEFORCE GT240

SO I need a new mobo that has good over clocking capabilities and UCC/ACC

Have you tried selling your old ddr2? You can post it free on craigslist or anandtech's for sale forum. You don't need but 2 gb of ddr3 to get started. If you get $35 for your old ram, you can get 2 gb of ddr3 (single stick) for around $50, and add a second stick later. Newegg has a biostar 785 board for only $59.99 with email promo code if you register with them. That price will probably end today, but they will have more deals on black friday weekend. The biostar board has unlocking abilities; I have used their t-force series boards, and they are all pretty good, including the 870. Only negative is that they don't pay their rebates. I'm still waiting on four of them, some are nine months old.

brendz155

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
OK I will try to sell my DDR2, so is there any good motherboards with UCC/ACC With the AMD chipset's, also will a nvidia card work in a AMD chipset board?

There's an entire list of ASUS MOBO's linked above, open the links and review the features you need {I would stay in the 780 or higher chipset}.

Otherwise, work backwards -> 'shop' the MOBO then see if it is listed on the ASUS UCC list.