Disposable Digital Camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
November 30, 2004 11:08:58 AM

Has anyone hacked the CVS disposable digital camera? I would like to
transfer the pictures to my PC. It looks like you need a special
cable.
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 12:37:53 AM

On 30 Nov 2004 08:08:58 -0800, donnshires@gmail.com (Don) wrote:

>Has anyone hacked the CVS disposable digital camera? I would like to
>transfer the pictures to my PC. It looks like you need a special
>cable.

The first models (non-LCD versions) have been hacked. Peel off the
label and a 5 pin interface is available which if wired correctly is
just a USB interface to a FAT16 CF style filesystem. They have also
done firmware mods to remove the 25 pic limit.

Wire two together and make yourself a 3D digital camera for under $20.

Details here: http://cexx.org/dakota/

--
Owamanga!
Anonymous

They are all disposable - it's just the the time between acquiring and
disposing varies

Aerticeus

!