Sign in with
Your question

XP Pro right click on Graphics - blank display now

Last response: in Windows XP
November 16, 2012 10:14:09 AM

Hi. I have a Partner PT6200 POS terminal with Windows XP pro running on it. I tried different screen settings and the machine is useless if you choose scree resolution higher than 800x600. So i played around with it (not knowing too much about windows and PCs) and did a right click on desktop and chose Graphics (if i remember correctly) and chose the first option. The screen went off and cant get it back :( 
Have manually switched it off and when I turn it back on it starts, boots up Windows (logo appears on screen) but once it loads up the screen goes off again.
How to get the picture back on?

Obv I have no keyboard and used only on screen keyboard!

Any ideas?
Thanks!
November 16, 2012 5:14:04 PM

Shouldn't 800x600 be the maximum res on it?
Do U see higher options?

U could have just adjusted to black (brightness) , for that check the manual on this site.
http://partnertech-uk.com/products/POS_Terminals/

If not, try booting in safe mode (keep tapping F8 at startup), and U can try a System restore from Start>run >type Msconfig and ok.
Select System restore and let it restore.
Plan B, try keep tapping F8 at startup and see if U have something with VGA on the menu, select it and see if it works.
Plan C:
While in safe mode with networking, Uninstall the driver in Device manager (right click my computer, properties, go to hardware tab, and select device manager) by double clicking the display adapter and uninstalling it and click ok. Restart.
Go to safe mode with networking and download the vga driver from here:
on the download section ,select vga driver for 2k or xp
download and install

:hello: 
m
l
November 17, 2012 1:10:15 AM

Thanks me1. I went and bought a keyboard and by pressing F8 on startup i can get it up and running on Safe Mode and on Endable VGA mode. The picture on VGA mode is huge and color is max 8bit. If i go and choose 16 or 32 bit color option the screen turns black and I cant do anything else but to restart (manually) and using F8 to boot windows up on VGA mode again. I will try to restore, hope it works!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 17, 2012 3:32:44 AM

Thanks me1! I uninstalled the VGA driver and it works again. What i did "wrong" the 1st time and what caused the problem was:
right click on desktop - Graphics Options - output to - Monitor. and then screen turned blank and I couldnt get it back to work on the actual built in monitor as the screen was off.

Anyways, now all good and things working fine! Thanks again!
m
l
November 17, 2012 6:37:03 PM

Hi again!

At first , not knowing what you clicked, I was thinking at maybe a too higher res; I'm glad to hear it's ok!
Now that you changed it back to the actual monitor, it would be good to reinstall the driver again, if you want to do other stuff. (like playing games)
http://partnertech-uk.com/products/POS_Terminals/PT-620...
Just go to the download section, and choose the vga driver.

:hello: 

m
l
November 22, 2012 3:42:30 AM

jantravis said:
Hi. I have a Partner PT6200 POS terminal with Windows XP pro running on it. I tried different screen settings and the machine is useless if you choose scree resolution higher than 800x600. So i played around with it (not knowing too much about windows and PCs) and did a right click on desktop and chose Graphics (if i remember correctly) and chose the first option. The screen went off and cant get it back :( 
Have manually switched it off and when I turn it back on it starts, boots up Windows (logo appears on screen) but once it loads up the screen goes off again.
How to get the picture back on?

Obv I have no keyboard and used only on screen keyboard!

Any ideas?
Thanks!

u set it to 1078x768 in restitution, for the other do a susyem restore back a day, note also u need to set points weekly if u don't u want be able to go back :) 
m
l
!