Pretty new at this

intotheknight

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Hello,
I am looking for a high quality motherboard for gaming. I am looking pretty strongly at the msi 870a-g54. If possible i would like to stay below $150. Mainly i just play games because they are pretty i want to be able to run full graphics on everything no games in specific. I have already settled on crossfire hd 6870s 8gb gskill ddr3 1600 the phenom ii x4 970 black edition 2 250g hdd in raid config and a 60g ssd boot drive and a 500 watt psu. All i need now is a motherboard to put it all together i want a strong backbone. Thank you for all your help!!

intotheknight

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Thank you for the quick reply. I notice that the mobo link you put up there is the same mobo i mentioned is that because it is a good one for gaming?? Also is there a website or some other reference for psu requirements i used the newegg calculator and it said 450w would be enough.

intotheknight

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Ok may sound like a dumb question but can you overpower a pc? The reason why i decided to go with the 500w was like you said there is very little cost difference between 450w and 500.

For the price range you're comfortable with, the board I linked is the best value. That means you can buy a lower priced mobo, but it also comes with less features/support.

Go to newegg and do an advanced search for mobo. Sort by northbridge 870, you'll see the results.