3 monitors on ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard

I have ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard and I have problem getting 2 display adapters (Radeon & onboard) to work together so that I can plug in 3 monitors instead of just 2.

Its weird, some older & cheaper motherboards have option for onboard display adapter to be "always enabled" but I cant figure out if its possible on my computer...

seems that I can only select which card I want to be active, and it shuts down the other display

Will I have to change motherboard in order to have 3 or 4 monitors, or is there a solution?

Tnx in advance...
Cisco
3 answers Last reply
More about monitors asus p7h55 motherboard
  1. Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

Define "(Radeon & onboard)"?

A dedicated Radeon GPU {e.g. HD 6870 } - http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/Pages/eyefinity.aspx {3 DisplayPort connector}.

If you mean Dedicated + on-board GPU "work together" the P7H55-M PRO is NOT a Crossfire or Hybrid Crossfire MOBO. Therefore, I do NOT recommend the "H55" chipset MOBOs; instead the P55 with NO on-board GPU.
  2. jaquith, your reply is greatly appreciated!

situation is:
    - Radeon HD 5500
    - Onboard (integrated on motherboard) GPU Intel card

Monitors
    Samsung 22" DVI
    Samsung 22" Analog connector
    Samsung 19" Analog connector

So do you sugest I should change the motherboard if I want third monitor to work ?
    And if I change motherboard I need one that is "Crossfire" right? Crossfire means more than one graphics adapter can work simultaniously?

I dont think I have money at the moment for new expensive graphics card... and even if I did, I'd have to change monitors too, since two of them have analog input.

Which motherboard would you sugest I buy than ?
  3. The term "HD 5500" refers to a series. However, neither the HD 5550 or HD 5570 offer 'true' CF; some HD 5570 offer 'software' CF.

So, the problem is that neither the MOBO or HD 55XX will render 3 monitors. There are after-market solutions, but the most cost effective approach is to purchase a new GPU that will support (3) monitors verses a new MOBO and GPU.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Monitors Motherboards