Wireless not working after installing XP

Hi!
Last night I installed Windows XP on my laptop and installed all the drivers for my PC except for my wireless card driver, I can't find one that works. I have an Acer Aspire 5251-1805 (Under 'Other Devices' it says network controller and has a ? and a ! next to it. (I already have my ethernet driver installed)) PLEASE HELP thanks :)
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless working installing
  1. In other words, you downgraded to XP, right?

You will need to identify the wireless device manufacturer and model and either look for a reference driver from the manufacturer or look for an older laptop that used the same wireless hardware but came with XP installed.
  2. Roblox487 said:
    Hi!
    Last night I installed Windows XP on my laptop and installed all the drivers for my PC except for my wireless card driver, I can't find one that works. I have an Acer Aspire 5251-1805 (Under 'Other Devices' it says network controller and has a ? and a ! next to it. (I already have my ethernet driver installed)) PLEASE HELP thanks :)

well that happens on installs to have to back up drivers all the time for things like this I had to plug in my DSL & go online the my laptop maker & get it, it was easy, they have all drive but this a install download it to ur downloads folder the duoble click on open it then click on the set-up icon, that it ur back on wifi
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Wireless Windows XP