Solved

Difference between G33 and G41 chipset

i'm currently using a G33 asus p5k-vm motherboard since it's causing problems i have decided to change the motherboard which is Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2.so is this motherboard better than asus p5k-vm?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about difference chipset
  1. No not really chipset wise. G33 was succeeded by G41. But the differences are close to none. Other than a better OC.

BUT the Gigabyte board uses DDR3 RAM, so you will need new RAM.

IF your system is only an old dual core as I suspect, I would advise you rather get a new board AND cpu than spend money on an old outdated build.
  2. Novuake said:
    No not really chipset wise. G33 was succeeded by G41. But the differences are close to none. Other than a better OC.

BUT the Gigabyte board uses DDR3 RAM, so you will need new RAM.

IF your system is only an old dual core as I suspect, I would advise you rather get a new board AND cpu than spend money on an old outdated build.

my cpu is core2duo E8400 3ghz,can u suggest me a mobo supporting ddr2 ram?
  3. Best answer
    vishalaestro said:
    my cpu is core2duo E8400 3ghz,can u suggest me a mobo supporting ddr2 ram?

There are none available anymore, they have been out of production for years now. You may get one second hand but that's a really bad idea...
  4. Novuake said:
    There are none available anymore, they have been out of production for years now. You may get one second hand but that's a really bad idea...

thank u will save some money and buy a new system
  5. Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
  6. Pleasure. Sorry for the bad news.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Asus Motherboards Overclocking