I would like to build my own PC. I have a PC currently but it isnt what I want.
HP xw8200 workstation, 2x3.4GHz cpus, 4GB RAM, 2x CD/DVD burners, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400
1. How much do you think I should be able to get out of this?
2. Do you think I should keep this or build my own. (I kind of want to build one just for fun...good enough reason?)
3. I have been looking around here and there and have come up with this worksheet thing.
4. please dont be afraid to tell me what you think.
5. dont be too mean. i know my budget is low for starters but hopefully ill be able to save up a but more before purchasing....?
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Anywhere between april. and July. I can get by with waiting because I will have more money this summer. (1G a month June July.)
BUDGET RANGE: selling the computer for 400-450 so far...too much? too little to ask? help?!
other than that. in june july i would like to have a couple hundred more saved lol.
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: light gaming, surfing the internet photoshop but doesnt need to be PHOTOSHOP MACHINE!!...
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor: acer 23" FULLHD(DVI, HDMI, VGA) speakers, mouse, keyboard. not really wanting to blow ~100 bucks on BRAND NEW parts. see something in the for sale section of this forum or craigslist.org that is in ohio throw that link in.
JUST NEED TOWER.
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg/TG are preferred, but am willing to buy used if need be on some parts...?
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: ? i am in the USA!
PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type anything in my price range with good reviews...not crappy parts?
OVERCLOCKING: Yes would like it as an option....
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: not right now, but would like to keep my optinos open...
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: located in northwest ohio in case you want to link to CL or any other location specific site...THANKs!