24 monitor freezing up in game

jayryan07

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hi, since I changed out my 20" for a 24" 2 mil second 1080p my monitor will hesitate during a game, I installed the latest drivers, then when that didn't change anything I upgraded the graphics card to 1GB BFG 9800 GT, less of hesitation now, but still there even after the latest drivers downloaded. Could this be some conflict with the old drivers not having been uninstalled 1st & still being in the system?

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I am not sure of what it is you are experiencing exactly, but if you are talking about "lag", as in the game producing fewer FPS (frames per second), then yes, going from a 20" monitor to a 24" monitor, and running both at their native resolution, would have a big impact on the performance of games, as the number of pixels to render would be much larger with the newer monitor.

Now, if you are still running the games at the same resolution on both monitors, then nothing should have changed.

-edit

Take a look at this review to see how big an impact using different resolutions have with a 9800GT.

jayryan07

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

I built another computer, running AMD Phenom II 955 X4, DDR3 Corsair 1600, new GPU & MOBO, also the Win7 OS so everything has now changed & am running 1080p on the 24"s now everything is smoking hot (in the good). I may put the 11 month old system back together for my wife it is still a very good setup & just sitting now. Short answer is now that I put this together I don't know about the momentary lag. It seemed to actually only last for a matter of minutes, then heal itself??? We'll see!

Thanks for the input.