Closed loop lga1155 lq3xx

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
I know about the custom water loop discretion, and tom's hardware should have a "closed loop" section, but water cooling matches descriptions of closed loop coolers.

Did anybody else get the lq series from zalman and can tell me why the upper left and lower right were bending to fit in the lga 1155 holes? I managed to screw them in , but the backplate is bent from the direction of the screws.

I might get a custom loop cooling system for my next build, what will I need to know? links to tutorials or videos are fine, but I don't know what kind of parts I would need.

Solution
I mostly need to know what components I would need for a custom loop liquid cooling system and how to maintain it. links work, too.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

this section is mostly for questions involving custom loop cooling

This sounds like a defective backplate - possibly the wrong backplate? Does the motherboard itself seem stressed at all from the mounting? Not crossthreaded?

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
The backplate fit the motherboard perfectly, but when I attempted to screw it in, the upper right and lower left were off by about 1-2mm, somehow causing an angle dramatic enough to take much effort to fit both sides and enough to bend the backplate noticeably.

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
my tempt match up a little better than hyper 212 evo, which is good, since I got it for $30 including rebate.

as for a kit, I don't care whether it comes in a kit, but price will matter, and so will the maintenance of the loop. I mostly need to know what components I would need for a custom loop liquid cooling system and how to maintain it. links work, too.