Closed Solved

Extreme Youtube Lag!!

So, lately I've been experiencing some very annoying youtube lag. I can't enjoy a youtube video without banging my head against the screen. I've looked at multiple threads on many websites but still cannot find a fix. I recently built this computer, it was my first build. I don't think it's a hardware problem since the lag just started happening about a week ago and only on youtube videos. I can play games smoothly, though there are small frame drops every few minutes for a 5-10 seconds.
I have tried every "fix" I could find with no results. I've cleared all cookies and cache, defragged my hard drive, left the html5 trial, disabled all other google chrome plugins, and re-installed my flash player. Does anyone know something that might work?

=Specs=
CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 450
Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX
Ram: Ripjaws 4gb ddr3
GPU: ASUS HD 6670 gddr5
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about extreme youtube
  1. Lag in Youtube videos is quite common to the point that it's considered normal operation. If you haven't already, update to the latest Flash Player. I also suggest trying Firefox as a comparison.
  2. Is it really normal for it to be almost unwatchable? Also, I have installed the latest flash player, still no change.
  3. Are you talking about audio lagging the video or buffering (two entirely different things)?
  4. Oh, I get this odd static sound when someone is talking and it seems to play in slow motion because of how low the frame rate of the video becomes.
  5. The buffering is completely fine.
  6. As I suggested above. Try another browser for comparison. I suggest Firefox with no add-ons other than Flash. Another thing may be that your Internet connection is saturated and not able to stream at full speed.
  7. Firefox seems to play the videos better. However, I periodically get major freezes. (Not because of buffering) The last thing I want to do is format my hard drive. But it seems I might have to if I can't find any other fix.
  8. Best answer
    Start with a "chkdsk /f /v /r" from a command line. NTFS is actually quite fragile and filesystem corruption can cause all kinds of problems. You should also empty all temp directories (C:\Windows\temp, C:\temp, C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp)
  9. Well, that seemed to have worked. Not getting much lag at all now. Thank you
  10. Best answer selected by Kenng.
  11. kenng said:
    So, lately I've been experiencing some very annoying youtube lag. I can't enjoy a youtube video without banging my head against the screen. I've looked at multiple threads on many websites but still cannot find a fix. I recently built this computer, it was my first build. I don't think it's a hardware problem since the lag just started happening about a week ago and only on youtube videos. I can play games smoothly, though there are small frame drops every few minutes for a 5-10 seconds.
    I have tried every "fix" I could find with no results. I've cleared all cookies and cache, defragged my hard drive, left the html5 trial, disabled all other google chrome plugins, and re-installed my flash player. Does anyone know something that might work?

=Specs=
    CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 450
    Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX
    Ram: Ripjaws 4gb ddr3
    GPU: ASUS HD 6670 gddr5
    here goes, the reasom most of the time is u have to much stuff running & loading at start-up many tab open playing music watch video's all those programs loading at start-up take 50% of ur ram so when to all those thing at 1 time u only have 1/2 ur ram & it could a crash or BSOD, the way to shop those programs from loading is to type in run msconfig hit ok then go to the startup tab in there is where u see all programs with a mark in them they load, so u can disable all but u anti virus don't worry in not getting rid of them it's just stopping them from loading, then do a disk clean-up & a defrag that being the file up front for faster access, delete cookies & history weelky clean out all browsers cache's, resart & ur see ur computer will run smoother than before :)
  12. This topic has been closed by Proximon
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Lag YouTube Windows XP