S5520sc NO BOOT no beeps - dead!

funfarm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Hello,
As this is my first despered post i must ask to forgive my language- it's not my mother's tongue.
I unluckly recently bought:
MB S5520SCR+
1xe5620 xeon +
CHieftec APS-850c +
Chieftec CH-09B-B-OP CHassis
and Kingston non "GI" ram kvr1333d3e9s/2G. - non I version- i know theres some issiues...

After building it, turning AC on
there's no action . no fan spinning no boot screen no beeps- nothing except IDLED AMBER and 5V LED lights. There's also this very quiet squeaky high sound coming form the MB - l
Anybody's got some idea how to fix this?

The 2x 8pinEPS plugs are pluged
Auxiliary 5pin power connector not connected ( no such thing within the PSU spec)

Chassis ( does anybody knows Chieftec products here anyway??) -well there's only 5 wires commin' out from front panel:
hdd led, power led, power&reset button connectors. (everything i guess connected properly due to MB tech spec.)
theres also a connector named SPEAKER i think it goes for the PC speaker within front panel but there's no such slot on MoBo to connect it.
Of course there're AC'97 and USB conn. too-checked.

-RAMstick in slot A1
-Xeon in socket CPU1
-singleGPU in slot 6 PCIex

Well i beg for any ideas to check.
Please
REgards
funfarm
I'm so despered...w to fix this?

funfarm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
hi again. back to problem.
I just started to check the shorts.
I unscrewed one- bottomleft screw. After turning PSUon system status led gone stble green, powering up the chassis made fans go wild :)
Well how should i fix this? in mbo spec. there's nothing about this screw, and i dont thing i should leave this one with no screw and standoff.
what to doo about this?
Thank's for help!!

funfarm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
ME again...
Well, I managed to overcome last problem. I took everything out form the chassis and than put it back. It helped. So right now I have bios sdr bma updated.
Finally it looks stabile!. The 3-beep code finally appeared ( unfortunantelly) I guess I'll need to buy new intel approved dimms now. Funny thing about it that there is no problem with One dimm or two but 3 non "GI" dimms is too much for this mbo.
So right now, I'm ready to install system!

befere buying it i was considering also a X8DAI supermicro mobo. but it was less evailable here so finally i bought the intel's product. BUt after having this problems I must admit I should have waited more time for supermicro. Much less problems with that one.. ( i've heard/red)
PS. THANKS FOR SO MUCH HELP FROM U GUYS!!

evansenn

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
i got myself the Workstation Board S5520SC connected compatible peripherals on it and the motherboard powers ON without a beep but gives 1 beep once i shut it down... problem is it doesnt display to my monitor, i tried with 3 different PCI-e cards and also used the onboard display but non of that works... anyone with any idea what the problem could be?

funfarm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
hey EVANSENN
Give some more details... symptomes... Does your status led lites green. any diagnostic leds show some errors?
I had same problem after changing few things in bios setup. TO fix this I just used the bios setup - entered the bios setup without screen vision (pressing F2 after turning the BOX on) and later F9 ( back to default settings) finishing with <Enter> gave me soft reset and startup menu finally poped up on the screen.
U might also check the slots for videocards,( there are two pci ex x16 - occupie first the try second if there's no change.)
Maybe U 've tunred on the onboard videocard in bios menu ( by accident)- this would block the videocard in any slot.
At the end U may clear the CMOS to reset your Bios setup.
Nothing else comming to my mind.
Oh and start with the bootable CD that comes with the MOBO- this gives much help- i don't know at what part of installation U're about now( updating Bios/BMs/ SDR )

adalbertosm

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

Hi funfarm.
I'm having the same problem. what did you do? He removed the screws?

TRENDING THREADS