How to test computer?

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
OK I have just built my first computer Worked first try DL windows 7 the CD that came with my MB and the CD that came with my 5770. Now i dont know how to test my comp to find out if i have errors or other problems it seems to work find except when i play World of Warcraft i get some freeze ups not very offen but it does happen, When it happens it last about 5 sec my screen will flash 1 time and im back going again.

Sounds like your settings are too high or you are operating the gpu clock or the memory clock faster than the card can work the game, causing it to lose the signal and then to restart runtime. Open Catalyst Control Center, go to ATI Overdrive and reduce the GPU and the Memory Clocks.

tecmo34

Administrator
Download and use these:

Prime95, plus HWMonitor = Prime95 will stress your system to make sure it is stable and running cool. HWMonitor does the temp reading for you.

3DMark Vantage = This will benchmark your system to see it's gaming performance

PCMark Vantage = This will benchmakr your system to see it's overall performance

HDTuner = Will provide a benchmark on your hard drives performance.

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007

What prime95 do i use i see theres alot of them is the 64bit for windows 7 64bit?

daman

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
OK i just ran the 3dMark Vantage

my 3dmark score is P8546 3DMarks. Whats that mean???

CPU Score 10406. I have the 945 amd Phenom II. Also when it did the cpu test it was going really slow...

Graphics score 8066. i have a 5770

Is this good does it look right?

tecmo34

Administrator

whitefang is correct, your CPU test will go very slow as for FPS.

Your overall score looks acceptable for your CPU and a single card setup of an ATI 5770. If you go to submit your score, you will see how your system compares against similar setups and similar scores & their setups. The software is a benchmarking tool to compare your system to others. Example: my score is 22,000 but I'm running an i7 920 (@ 3.2 Ghz) and dual Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216 SC video cards, so I should be higher.

You might also run memtest86+ to test the memory. It should run at least a full pas with NO errors.

On prime95, select "check for rounding errors" option. Run it long enough for the heat to build and stabilize. You should get NO rounding errors.

Download and install the latest ati video drivers from their web site. The supplied CD will not have the latest fixes that might address your issues.