Sign in with
Your question

9800 faulty

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2010 9:26:13 AM

Hi, my friend is offering me to buy 9800gr 512mb with faulty pci express. Is there a way of fixing it cheap?

More about : 9800 faulty

a b U Graphics card
February 27, 2010 9:28:15 AM

I dont believe there is, i think it needs a whole new PCB ( the board it sits on ) to fix that. But i am not 100% sure on that.
February 27, 2010 9:35:38 AM

So I wont be able to get a bargain, what if I would be able to force nvidia to give me new one? It has docuemnts with it.
Related resources
February 27, 2010 9:36:57 AM

And a box.
February 27, 2010 9:49:37 AM

Ask him if you can borrow it.... Then bake it! :) 

If it works now, buy it from him, but tell the person it's broken so it should be dirt cheap. :) 
a b U Graphics card
February 27, 2010 9:53:03 AM

padlius said:
So I wont be able to get a bargain, what if I would be able to force nvidia to give me new one? It has docuemnts with it.

It would still need to be under warranty to do that. Generally they wont ever take anything back if its not under warranty, otherwise they would lose too much money.
February 27, 2010 4:34:35 PM

Truhls said:
It would still need to be under warranty to do that. Generally they wont ever take anything back if its not under warranty, otherwise they would lose too much money.

Plus, I believe it's only XFX that offers the double (re: transferable) lifetime warranty. Most regular warranties are for the original purchaser only, regardless of time frame. Now, IF the part is still under warranty, and IF your friend is the original purchaser, then HE might be able to get it replaced.
a c 173 U Graphics card
February 27, 2010 5:19:39 PM

Some times people sell off cards that turn out to be working so how much does he/she want for it first? I landed a 8800gtx this way and it work right out of the box after 3 new caps.
!