Solved

[Air Cooling] i5-3570k

I overclocked my Processor to 4.6Ghz@1.34V with temps going upto 79C max while runnning prime95 stress test.

I want to know if i can go beyond this and how, whether i can go further by adding more fans?
Here is a link of cpuz validation http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2650436
My Build:

i5-3570k
cpu fan = CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO(push/pull)
mobo = Gigabyte z77x Ud3h
Ram = Gskill Sniper-Sbr (1600Mhz)
PSU= seasonic sII 520W
Case = Nzxt Phantom 410

Air cooling:

Intake - 1X 120mm nzxt stock fan FRONT
Exhaust - 1X 120mm nzxt stock fan REAR
1X 140mm nzxt Fan TOP
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling 3570k
  1. Best answer
    At that clock speed and voltage you are pretty much topping out that Hyper 212 Evo and pushing the limits of that CPU with just a budget air cooler, if you want to go any higher I recommend you look at custom water cooling at this point.
  2. Orlean said:
    At that clock speed and voltage you are pretty much topping out that Hyper 212 Evo and pushing the limits of that CPU with just a budget air cooler, if you want to go any higher I recommend you look at custom water cooling at this point.

Hahaaha, alrite, i will just keep it at 4 or 4.2 ghz for now. But the temps arent so high i still got an unstable 4.7Ghz@1.35V, Am i missing something?
  3. Best answer selected by heaven_.
  4. i would recommend the noctua nh-d14 because for $80 it can be just as good as a $100 h100
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Intel i5 Overclocking