How to overclock z77x ud3h i5 3570k

amigomo

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Hi Guys,

Please help out, This is my rig and i'd like to know how to go about overclocking it to around 4.3ghz-4.5ghz. i.e. what to change and where.

I haven't noticed lag while playing battlefield 3 on ultra graphics but im wondering if the game play would be better on a faster system?

Gigabyte z77x-UD3H, i5 3570k, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 1.5v Ram, Seasonic 750w PSU, Sapphire 7850 OC GPU, Zalman CNPS11x Extreme CPU Cooler, 256G Vertex 4 SSD, GMC H80 Case

Also, if possible, if you could advise on safe temps for the graphics card and cpu

Please let me know, thanks

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Gaining speed on the CPU and GPU can effectively gain FPS during many games. Each game will react differently but I will say BF3 did see a bit of an improvement for me from 3.4Ghz to 4.4Ghz on my 2600k.

Now, if you're wanting to overclock you need to read the overclocking guides here in the forum. They are the best information on the web if you ask me when it comes to overclocking the Ivy Bridge processor you have there.

Depending on the motherboard/BIOS you will have many different options for overclocking the processor. But it's best to know what these settings do before even touching it. So I'd advise looking in the BIOS and writing down all the terms you have so you can later research them with Google/Bing. This will give you a heads up of what you have available to you. Every model of motherboard is different; so it's best to do that.

As for your GPU, I'm not absolutely sure as I've never ran the 7850's. I will say this though, with that Ivy Bridge, if it was mine I wouldn't let it get over 70C with IntelBurnTest. But when it's running stock with stock cooling and voltage I have seen the 3570k break 80C while running IntelBurnTest.

So you need good cooling and knowledge. If you're running a stock cooler; I'd be looking into putting some money into a new cooler. If you're going to spend under $75 for air cooling, Hyper 212. If you're spending more than that; look into the Noctua D14 and similar coolers. I have a Hyper 212 and put two different 120mm's on it and couldn't be happier, especially when it cost me less then $50 all together and performs very close to the $80 Notcua D14.

TRENDING THREADS