Graphic card

HI

I was planning to buy this vid card :

http://alturl.com/gm9v

But what are important thing to know , so i know sure this vid card fits and works in my pc .

THnx Killer94nl ;-)
9 answers Last reply
More about graphic card
  1. depends what you want it for, gaming, video and desktop or just a cheap card.

also it depends on your system to see if is a good match.

can you post your system details?

also, try not to used shortened URLs, they can look a little bit dubious when coming from an unknown source i find.
  2. hey Thnx for the reply

here is a list what sysspec told me :

Windows: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    Memory (RAM): 511 MB
    CPU Info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    CPU Speed: 2991.3 MHz
    Sound card: SigmaTel Audio
    Display Adapters: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory | RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory |
    Monitors: 1
    Network Adapters: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Pakketplanner-minipoort
    CD / DVD Drives: H: HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GWA4164B | I: KNYTO SPI3GHEB45
    COM Ports: NOT Present
    LPT Ports: NOT Present
    Hard Disks: J: 144.3GB | K: 596.2GB
    Hard Disks - Free: J: 80.1GB | K: 230.0GB
    USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
    Firewire (1394): Not Detected
    PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
    Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    Product Make: Dell DM051
    AC Power Status: OnLine
    BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 10/13/05 | DELL - 7
    Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0KF623

and 250 watt power suply

i was planning to use it for playing games ;)

@ the link , yeah i understand your point . But i made it a alternate url because the original wasvery long ;-)

Greetz Killer94nl
  3. 1. Will it physically fit in your CAse ? Measure the distance from the card slot to the back of the HD cage....if it's bigger than the card's length from manufacturer spec sheet, you're "green".

2. Do you have an appropriate slot ? Read your MoBo manual to determine what kind of video card slot you have. Make sure your card is compatible.

3. Can your PSU support the card's power req'ts ? Run your system through the calculator here to "do the math" for you.

http://www.antec.outervision.com/

4. Does your case have adequate cooling ? This is more important if your card is the single slot variety which exhausts hot air into the case.

5. Will it do what you want it to do ? Read articles like this to see how various cards perform under your resolution
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-graphics-card,2544.html
  4. Just a point to note, your processor and possibly your RAM (you didn't post any details on RAM) might bottleneck the graphics card. The 4550 is a relatively new card (2008) whereas your process is actually reaching if not already at it's end of life (EOL). Just cautioning you in case you do get the card and feel that there has been little improvement.
  5. The HD4550 isn't really a gaming card. I would recommend an HD4650 instead. Your processor will still prevent you from playing a lot of current games smoothly however.
  6. i think its a fairly good match...

low power and a huge step up from the x600. will get you through the next 12 months fine.

check out the new 5450 tho, as its a similar price with a better power consumption under load.
  7. Those cards are much weaker than the HD4650 and not particularly cheaper.
  8. jyjjy said:
    Those cards are much weaker than the HD4650 and not particularly cheaper.

im just concerned about that 250watt power supply, it looks that the whole system is quite old and i would wonder how close that is to the limit of what the PSU can handle.
  9. The HD4650 also doesn't use much more power.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Graphics Cards Graphics