Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard Issue, need a cheap replacement.

Last response: in Motherboards
November 7, 2010 9:44:42 PM

Hey everyone. After having my computer in relatively good working order for the last 2 and a bit years it started shutting off at random. I checked in bios and the temperature sensor was reading a not-so-delightful 95 degrees at idle. For the sake of all the other parts in the computer, I removed and checked them over separately and everything seems completely safe and good to go except the motherboard, which has blackened parts on it. It was an ASUS P5Q (R.I.P). All of the other parts in my computer run quit cool, with the Processor (Dual Core E8400) running at about 40 idle and my GTX 470 idling at 42.

I've been considering upgrading to an i5 for a little while now but the fact of the mater is that I just don't have the money to buy processor, memory and motherboard at the moment so instead I'd rather just getting a replacement to last me about 8-12 monthes, and I see that most Socket 775 boards are riding about 100 dollars at the moment so that might be the safest option now. I don't have any other working computers but that.

Here are the parts in it currently:

EVGA GTX 470
Intel E8400 Dual Core 3.00 Ghz (overclocked to 3.6 ghz)
Corsair 650w PSU
OCZ DDR2 4 gb Dual Channel
500gb Western Digital SATA

Keep in mind, while I can achieve a reasonably high overclock with this board I'm not offended if the replacement doesn't have all the same capabilities, the point is that it works and I can do my basic functions and gaming till I get a new barebones kit.

Theres a sale I just noticed on Tiger Direct for a "ASUS P5N-D Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI" socket 775 for $102, is that good deal?

Thanks in advance.

-Timothy
a c 716 V Motherboard
November 8, 2010 4:13:22 PM

I agree with the ASUS P5N-D and $80 is cheap. I agree with rolli59 ^+1
m
l
!