Shut down.. And start again! Grrr

Hi everyone,

Since I made a few changes in my XW4200 HP Workstation and then put everything back to the initial state, I can't shut down the computer anymore because it starts again automatically after a few seconds !

Is that kind of phenomenon typically due to a well-known cause or can it be caused by a variety of reasons ? What is the most likely in my case ?
8 answers Last reply
More about shut down start again grrr
  1. maybe you connected your Power button to the Reset switch on your MB?
  2. come to think of, that was pretty retarded suggestion, since you don't use power button for turning of your computer.. nvm then.
  3. zibizibi said:
    Hi everyone,

Since I made a few changes in my XW4200 HP Workstation and then put everything back to the initial state, I can't shut down the computer anymore because it starts again automatically after a few seconds !

Is that kind of phenomenon typically due to a well-known cause or can it be caused by a variety of reasons ? What is the most likely in my case ?

What happens when you click restart?

Have you changed the psu?
  4. My first guess would be a glitchy power supply.
  5. Restart works fine. The PS cannot be the source of the problem since it has always rested peacefully in its tower without even functioning.
  6. zibizibi said:
    Restart works fine. The PS cannot be the source of the problem since it has always rested peacefully in its tower without even functioning.

What exactly did u change?
  7. I removed the graphic card, hard drive and RAM memory to use them in another machine, but after several months I put all back. Uh I think the motherboard has also been removed and put back. Could there be a problem with the cables (reset, power, etc) connecting the mobo with the tower ?
  8. zibizibi said:
    I removed the graphic card, hard drive and RAM memory to use them in another machine, but after several months I put all back. Uh I think the motherboard has also been removed and put back. Could there be a problem with the cables (reset, power, etc) connecting the mobo with the tower ?

Maybe, make sure everything is connected properly, and check ur mobo manual if u have one for the cables.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hewlett Packard Workstations Shutdown Systems