Sign in with
Your question

Shut down.. And start again! Grrr

Last response: in Systems
March 12, 2010 9:00:06 AM

Hi everyone,

Since I made a few changes in my XW4200 HP Workstation and then put everything back to the initial state, I can't shut down the computer anymore because it starts again automatically after a few seconds !

Is that kind of phenomenon typically due to a well-known cause or can it be caused by a variety of reasons ? What is the most likely in my case ?

More about : shut start grrr

March 12, 2010 10:01:33 AM

maybe you connected your Power button to the Reset switch on your MB?
March 12, 2010 10:14:10 AM

come to think of, that was pretty retarded suggestion, since you don't use power button for turning of your computer.. nvm then.
Related resources
March 12, 2010 1:08:36 PM

zibizibi said:
Hi everyone,

Since I made a few changes in my XW4200 HP Workstation and then put everything back to the initial state, I can't shut down the computer anymore because it starts again automatically after a few seconds !

Is that kind of phenomenon typically due to a well-known cause or can it be caused by a variety of reasons ? What is the most likely in my case ?

What happens when you click restart?

Have you changed the psu?
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2010 1:17:52 PM

My first guess would be a glitchy power supply.
March 13, 2010 7:40:28 AM

Restart works fine. The PS cannot be the source of the problem since it has always rested peacefully in its tower without even functioning.
March 14, 2010 4:36:13 PM

zibizibi said:
Restart works fine. The PS cannot be the source of the problem since it has always rested peacefully in its tower without even functioning.

What exactly did u change?
March 14, 2010 4:46:23 PM

I removed the graphic card, hard drive and RAM memory to use them in another machine, but after several months I put all back. Uh I think the motherboard has also been removed and put back. Could there be a problem with the cables (reset, power, etc) connecting the mobo with the tower ?
March 14, 2010 4:50:14 PM

zibizibi said:
I removed the graphic card, hard drive and RAM memory to use them in another machine, but after several months I put all back. Uh I think the motherboard has also been removed and put back. Could there be a problem with the cables (reset, power, etc) connecting the mobo with the tower ?

Maybe, make sure everything is connected properly, and check ur mobo manual if u have one for the cables.
!