M3A78 em pci wireless card network fail

MIB

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Just got my built running using windows 7 64 bit. Hit asus to grab the lastest updates and I'm still having issues. My guess is the lan driver is not installed correctly preventing the system from using the wireless pci linksys I have installed from working. In device manager the system will not see the card, further more I tried to install the netgear wireless usb draft N stick I have. The drivers install however the system refuses to see it. Under device manager I'm getting 2 ?s for drivers which I suspect are causing the issue. First one, [Property- Hardware Lds] [Value- ACPI\PNP0200 / *PNP0200] The second [Property - Hardware Ids] [value- HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10438FE&REV_1001]. Any idea where I can get these drivers so I can unlock my networking and get this rig back online.

M3A78 EM
4gig DDR2 800
amd 9850 BE
GtX 470
Linksys pci wireless N nic.
Windows 7 64bit upgrade from vista 64bit.
thanks

Just got my built running using windows 7 64 bit. Hit asus to grab the lastest updates and I'm still having issues. My guess is the lan driver is not installed correctly preventing the system from using the wireless pci linksys I have installed from working.

ASUS doesn't provide drivers for Linksys wireless cards. The ASUS LAN drivers are specifically for the onboard LAN the MB was equipped with from the factory. If Windows 64 drivers are available for the particular wireless adapter you are referring to, find the driver here.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys

MIB

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Its not a linksys driver issue. Again the system is not seeing the wireless pci card. Drivers are already on the system. Why the hell would it install my wireless usb draft N but fail to see it after install. Reboots didn't help either. Something in the lan is preventing the Network from being accepted. Without the linksys drivers installed I should still get something in device manager showing the pci card is on the board, but nothing so far.

Ask a friend or relative who knows more about troubleshooting than you do for help. My advice would be to consider taking the system to a nearby shop and have a bench tech troubleshoot the pesky driver installation issues you are having.