Cannot connect

annie666

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Hi, I have a problem with connecting to the internet on my laptop. I have three laptops running at the moment and two of those can connect to the internet no bother. I could not connect at all but then I reinstalled the wireless adapters and now I can connect locally and limited but no internet connection. I tried opening up the internet page but it will not display. At the moment I am downloading network manager to see if this finds a problem. Can someone help?

That "Limited or no connectivity" message is usually seen when the wrong wireless security key has been used. Check that the one you used successfully on the other two systems is the one you're using on the machine that can't connect. If you can't find the key, read my post #3 at this thread for more details.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-setupwirless

Did you let Vista run the Network Diagnostic Wizard? That might narrow the possibilities down a bit. Has this machine ever worked on the network? One more question - which firewall are you using? You will definitely ened on ein an unsecured network even though the router has a hardware firewall.