Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Intel Core i3 540 Overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 13, 2013 2:56:33 AM

Hello everyone!

Can I overclock Intel Core i3 540 from 3.07 GHz to 4.00 GHz and how???

Many thanks!
January 14, 2013 1:08:39 AM

I had one of those and hit 4ghz easily leave the multi at 23 put the fsb to 177 change cpu vcore to 1.3 load line callibration to normal thats what i did see how you go.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 1:11:44 AM

ARTEM_PILOT said:
Hello everyone!

Can I overclock Intel Core i3 540 from 3.07 GHz to 4.00 GHz and how???

Many thanks!


Make sure you got really good cooling in your system to overclock that much
m
0
l
January 14, 2013 1:16:39 AM

cmstormscouts said:
Make sure you got really good cooling in your system to overclock that much


Its a must if you want the chip to last that is.I had a cheap aywun v10 black edition heat sink not the greatest but capable for sure.
m
0
l
January 14, 2013 2:15:55 AM

megahurtz said:
Its a must if you want the chip to last that is.I had a cheap aywun v10 black edition heat sink not the greatest but capable for sure.


Thats the cooler master with red led fan 120m?
m
0
l
January 14, 2013 1:35:17 PM

cmstormscouts said:
Make sure you got really good cooling in your system to overclock that much

Is Asia Vital Componets LTD cooler is good???
Using Lenovo BIOS
m
0
l
July 3, 2013 2:56:21 AM

C12Friedman said:
I would say this is a good guide http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263043-29-1156-core-c...
These are also good but you kind of need an idea of what's going on there http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636... this page shows settings used but you may not be able to use those http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/power-cons...
Hope it helps some



I have The Same CPU but my multiplier is Locked.
How Can I disable this lock or is it possible to unlock my cores with this CPU?

Many thanks,
Omer

m
0
l
July 4, 2013 9:06:12 PM

Omer58 said:
C12Friedman said:
I would say this is a good guide http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263043-29-1156-core-c...
These are also good but you kind of need an idea of what's going on there http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636... this page shows settings used but you may not be able to use those http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/power-cons...
Hope it helps some



I have The Same CPU but my multiplier is Locked.
How Can I disable this lock or is it possible to unlock my cores with this CPU?

Many thanks,
Omer


im assuming you have a pre-built system form dell-hp or any other in wich case ocing is not an option just a cheap aftermarket board with the right socket and youll be fine.

m
0
l
July 11, 2013 5:26:08 AM

megahurtz said:
Omer58 said:
C12Friedman said:
I would say this is a good guide http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263043-29-1156-core-c...
These are also good but you kind of need an idea of what's going on there http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636... this page shows settings used but you may not be able to use those http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/power-cons...
Hope it helps some



I have The Same CPU but my multiplier is Locked.
How Can I disable this lock or is it possible to unlock my cores with this CPU?

Many thanks,
Omer


im assuming you have a pre-built system form dell-hp or any other in wich case ocing is not an option just a cheap aftermarket board with the right socket and youll be fine.



Do you think it's worth it?
And do you think my currecnt setup with my core i3 540 @3.07 Ghz with 2 cores and 4 threads is bottlenecking my MSI GTX 660?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2013 6:04:19 AM

I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 7:17:27 AM

schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2013 10:09:53 AM

Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.


That new processor will be slower then the Core I3
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 12:43:20 PM

Intel God said:
Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.


That new processor will be slower then the Core I3


I doubt that, my core i3 runs at 3.07 ghz with 2 cores and 4 threads, whilr the AMD cpu runs at 3.8 ghz with 4 cores, how is that not faster?
Tell me if i am wrong.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 11, 2013 1:35:42 PM

Omer58 said:
Intel God said:
Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.


That new processor will be slower then the Core I3


I doubt that, my core i3 runs at 3.07 ghz with 2 cores and 4 threads, whilr the AMD cpu runs at 3.8 ghz with 4 cores, how is that not faster?
Tell me if i am wrong.


What i meant was overclocked vs overclocked. Can you overclock your processor?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2013 1:42:50 AM

Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.

eh..an AM3 or am3+ would be better..965 BE still has lots of grunt.
A decent 1156 mobo and a Lynnfield would be good, too.
Used 1366 setup with a 920..
jus sayin'
m
0
l
July 14, 2013 5:37:43 AM

Intel God said:
Omer58 said:
Intel God said:
Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.


That new processor will be slower then the Core I3


I doubt that, my core i3 runs at 3.07 ghz with 2 cores and 4 threads, whilr the AMD cpu runs at 3.8 ghz with 4 cores, how is that not faster?
Tell me if i am wrong.


What i meant was overclocked vs overclocked. Can you overclock your processor?


No, I cannot overclock my Core i3 540 with my current motherboard which is a MSI 2A9C
m
0
l
July 14, 2013 5:40:46 AM

schmuckley said:
Omer58 said:
schmuckley said:
I seriously doubt you'll be able to overclock with that board.
You're going to need an 1156 overclocking board.
p55 or h55 and made by Asus,Biostar, or Gigabyte
On the biostar ones..The model # should start with "T"


I decided to go with a new AMD motherboard and CPU, I am going to buy these:
ASRock FM2A75 PRO4-M (motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X4 760K Black Edition Boxed (CPU)

What do you think about this? I also got a MSI GTX 660, and I think that this i quite good with the combo of it.
Please reply and tell me what you think about it.

eh..an AM3 or am3+ would be better..965 BE still has lots of grunt.
A decent 1156 mobo and a Lynnfield would be good, too.
Used 1366 setup with a 920..
jus sayin'


Yea, but my budget is kinda tight. Is it much better than the FM2 socket AMD Athlon II 760K that I wanna buy, and is the price much more for such a configuration?
m
0
l
!