Sign in with
Your question

HIS RMA Nightmare

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2010 3:55:33 PM

Hey Hey

Just wanted to share what I'm going through with HIS and my 4890 replacement video card.

"
I am looking for an update as to where my replacement video card is. According to UPS you received my RMA 1/27/2010. I called you on the phone 2times and you said you where waiting on your oversea's factory to send you a replacement. Well its been over 4 weeks since UPS made its delivery to you. I have also left 2 voice mails with Jason@lexypacific I left him my RMA # and my phone # but he has not replyed. Is this your companys standard operating proceedure ? Please respond asap. According to you Lexi from our phone conversation I still have to wait for China ? to send you a card to california and then wait for you to ship it to me in North Carolina ? Well like I said you received my RMA according to UPS on 1/27/2010........Has China sent you my replacement ? If no how long do you consider I should wait ? another week, month, maybe another year ?

Concerned..deeply concerned "

Soiled :) 

More about : rma nightmare

a c 235 U Graphics card
February 27, 2010 5:02:19 PM

make sure you post that on newegg, tigerdirect, for that card. They tend to freak out when they see stuff like that and may actually move faster.
m
l
February 27, 2010 5:21:46 PM

Hey Hey

I spoke with New Egg..I purchased the card through them.
I had to go through manufacturer for RMA because I had owned the card for 4 months.

But you know what...New Egg gave me a $75.00 dollor credit to my account for my trouble with HIS.

Gotta love New Egg :) 

m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
February 27, 2010 8:55:20 PM

SoiledBottom said:
Hey Hey

I spoke with New Egg..I purchased the card through them.
I had to go through manufacturer for RMA because I had owned the card for 4 months.

But you know what...New Egg gave me a $75.00 dollor credit to my account for my trouble with HIS.

Gotta love New Egg :) 

Nice, man. For some reason Newegg doesn't tend to move as fast with me or as nice as most people say they are with support. UPS lost my package, I ended up waiting a month to receive a replacement, which was actually shipped late. Way to go newegg.

Meh I got the cash anyways so I will just stick with Fry's Electronic. They replaced my RAM when it failed with no hassle 1 month after I bought the ram from them (they have a 14 day memory replacement policy). They were even sympathetic with me and said they could not have me deal with the manufacturer since I was a regular client.
m
l
February 28, 2010 12:19:22 AM

I love Newegg. Never had any issues with them. I just RMA'd my first device with them last week. I dropped off my package with my local UPS on monday and had the replacement by friday. Took 3 day for my package to go from Midwest to Cali, then two days from a New Jersey warehouse to Midwest.

They claimed 3-4 day turn around on shipping out a replaced part, but they already shipped my replacement within 4 hours of UPS dropping off my defective part.
m
l
March 2, 2010 1:32:14 AM

Hey Hey

Just got a response from HIS

"Hi Greg,

We have sent the replacement on RMA# GS011110 today via UPS and the tracking # for that is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Thank you for your patience.

regards,

Rebecca"

Not sure what there sending though :) 

I sent them a 4890 for RMA, wonder if they send me a 5830 or another 4890

It will be delivered 3/8/2010

I'll keep ya's posted

m
l
March 2, 2010 1:37:46 AM

Oh yea

I paid $189.00 on New Egg for the card.
New Egg gave me a $75.00 credit for my headach with HIS

So I've paid $114 for whatever UPS brings me......I hope its magical....for all my troubles :) 

Soiled
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 7:46:01 AM

Keep us posted.
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
March 2, 2010 5:09:19 PM

knowing HIS, its your old card with the heats sink and fan duct taped on
m
l
March 2, 2010 6:56:18 PM

"knowing HIS, its your old card with the heats sink and fan duct taped on"

Doohhhhhhhh !
m
l
March 9, 2010 1:42:08 PM

Hey Hey

Just got my replacement 4890.........and it only took HIS 6 weeks for them to replace it.

Seems to me they sent my replacement only after I sent them an email showing my concern.......the phone calls had no effect.

I also put up a nasty comment at there HIS Site the same day I sent there RMA department my above email.

I for one will no longer be purchasing HIS products, and to those that do.....beware

m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
March 9, 2010 1:46:48 PM

It's possible it took so long simply because they were entirely out of HD4890s. The card is getting very hard to find. It's not a great excuse but also when you RMAed the HD5830 wasn't even out as a possible replacement.
m
l
!