HIS RMA Nightmare

Hey Hey

Just wanted to share what I'm going through with HIS and my 4890 replacement video card.

"
I am looking for an update as to where my replacement video card is. According to UPS you received my RMA 1/27/2010. I called you on the phone 2times and you said you where waiting on your oversea's factory to send you a replacement. Well its been over 4 weeks since UPS made its delivery to you. I have also left 2 voice mails with Jason@lexypacific I left him my RMA # and my phone # but he has not replyed. Is this your companys standard operating proceedure ? Please respond asap. According to you Lexi from our phone conversation I still have to wait for China ? to send you a card to california and then wait for you to ship it to me in North Carolina ? Well like I said you received my RMA according to UPS on 1/27/2010........Has China sent you my replacement ? If no how long do you consider I should wait ? another week, month, maybe another year ?

Concerned..deeply concerned "

Soiled :)
11 answers Last reply
More about nightmare
  1. make sure you post that on newegg, tigerdirect, for that card. They tend to freak out when they see stuff like that and may actually move faster.
  2. Hey Hey

I spoke with New Egg..I purchased the card through them.
    I had to go through manufacturer for RMA because I had owned the card for 4 months.

But you know what...New Egg gave me a $75.00 dollor credit to my account for my trouble with HIS.

Gotta love New Egg :)

3. SoiledBottom said:
    Hey Hey

I spoke with New Egg..I purchased the card through them.
    I had to go through manufacturer for RMA because I had owned the card for 4 months.

But you know what...New Egg gave me a $75.00 dollor credit to my account for my trouble with HIS.

Gotta love New Egg :)

Nice, man. For some reason Newegg doesn't tend to move as fast with me or as nice as most people say they are with support. UPS lost my package, I ended up waiting a month to receive a replacement, which was actually shipped late. Way to go newegg.

Meh I got the cash anyways so I will just stick with Fry's Electronic. They replaced my RAM when it failed with no hassle 1 month after I bought the ram from them (they have a 14 day memory replacement policy). They were even sympathetic with me and said they could not have me deal with the manufacturer since I was a regular client.
  4. I love Newegg. Never had any issues with them. I just RMA'd my first device with them last week. I dropped off my package with my local UPS on monday and had the replacement by friday. Took 3 day for my package to go from Midwest to Cali, then two days from a New Jersey warehouse to Midwest.

They claimed 3-4 day turn around on shipping out a replaced part, but they already shipped my replacement within 4 hours of UPS dropping off my defective part.
  5. Hey Hey

Just got a response from HIS

"Hi Greg,

We have sent the replacement on RMA# GS011110 today via UPS and the tracking # for that is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Thank you for your patience.

regards,

Rebecca"

Not sure what there sending though :)

I sent them a 4890 for RMA, wonder if they send me a 5830 or another 4890

It will be delivered 3/8/2010

I'll keep ya's posted

6. Oh yea

I paid $189.00 on New Egg for the card.
    New Egg gave me a $75.00 credit for my headach with HIS

So I've paid $114 for whatever UPS brings me......I hope its magical....for all my troubles :)

Soiled
  7. Keep us posted.
  8. knowing HIS, its your old card with the heats sink and fan duct taped on
  9. "knowing HIS, its your old card with the heats sink and fan duct taped on"

Doohhhhhhhh !
  10. Hey Hey

Just got my replacement 4890.........and it only took HIS 6 weeks for them to replace it.

Seems to me they sent my replacement only after I sent them an email showing my concern.......the phone calls had no effect.

I also put up a nasty comment at there HIS Site the same day I sent there RMA department my above email.

I for one will no longer be purchasing HIS products, and to those that do.....beware

11. It's possible it took so long simply because they were entirely out of HD4890s. The card is getting very hard to find. It's not a great excuse but also when you RMAed the HD5830 wasn't even out as a possible replacement.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Phones Graphics