Need help getting 3770k on a G1. Sniper 3 MOBO to 5GHZ

G

Hello all,

As the title says I am trying to get my 3770k to 5ghz. With Gigabyte's EasyTune6 I can just click one button for 4.68ghz but I am hoping to get more from my cpu. I am new to overclocking but not computer building. I basically need help from someone with the same setup that could tell me the little tweaks I need to make in the bios in order to get to 5ghz. Any help is appreciated and I will try to respond right away. :)

The settings I have for the 4.68ghz are:
BCLK is at 104mhz
Multiplier is at 45
Voltage adjusts itself between 1.2v and 1.4v

My build involves:
G1. Sniper 3
gtx670ftw overclocked to 1.25ghz
vengeance ram 16gb 2 dims
nova 2 ssd boot
wd black data
wd velociraptor games
kraken x60 cooler
asus rog sound card
evga supernova750g psu

Solution

You should NEVER be using a software or included overclocker to overclock with, and you're asking unreasonable things of your chip.

Go read the overclocking sticky in these forums - you need to know what you're doing, because if you don't, you'll end up breaking $500 worth of parts, minimum.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
you cant do that unless you have liquid nitrogen. Ivy bridge chips run hot. hotter than sandy bridge cause they use thermal paste in b/w the chip and the metal heat-spreader. you can do 4.5ghz if you buy a noctua NH-D14 or a corsair H100i

G

Thanks for the replies. I want to try 5ghz because I see people are doing it and have a stable system. I do have a kraken x60 liquid cooler for my cpu. My idle temps at 4.68 are between 20-30deg C, and full load about 60-65deg C. Thanks

G

EasyTune6 changes it automatically. I just want to try and get to 5ghz at my own risk. If you can help me do so please let me know. Thanks

You should NEVER be using a software or included overclocker to overclock with, and you're asking unreasonable things of your chip.

Go read the overclocking sticky in these forums - you need to know what you're doing, because if you don't, you'll end up breaking $500 worth of parts, minimum.

Solution

Michael Pack

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
go ahead and push the vcore up a little at a time just watch temps should be able to reach 5 ghz IDLE 5ghz under load is too hot for ivy regardless of cooling!and still may not make it due to chip. To all the haters he wants to do it of course he knows he runs a risk and instead of a mill reply sying don't do it your crazy try to HELP just because none of you have any money or balls doesn't mean he doesn't. I say do it I myself have done it on both sandy and ivy with water wouldn't dream of keeping it there the diff between 4.8 and 5.0 is miniscule but always good for bragging rights providing you don't have any friends with nitrogen.