changing difficulty levels

When I click on 'new game' and 'difficulty' I am presented
with four difficulty options. Alas nothing I seem to do
on this end -- in particularly left and right clicking --
changes the default, which is set on normal. How do I
change my difficulty level to expert? Is there a secret code?
http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Fred Hapgood" <fhapgood@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

> When I click on 'new game' and 'difficulty' I am presented
> with four difficulty options. Alas nothing I seem to do
> on this end -- in particularly left and right clicking --
> changes the default, which is set on normal. How do I
> change my difficulty level to expert? Is there a secret code?
> http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood

The very first training level in a new game is a "normal" only level. When
you pass through this level, you'll be able to change your difficulty
setting.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:31:45 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote:

>The very first training level in a new game is a "normal" only level. When
>you pass through this level, you'll be able to change your difficulty
>setting.

How? When I hit

load
Castle Front (the first mission)
ESC (what else?)
title menu (what else?)

I'm back to New Game without ever being given a chance that I noticed to change
my level.

Are you saying I get one and only one chance to change my difficulty level --
after I do the training mission? That can't be right. Or is it?

Fred

http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood

Fred Hapgood <fhapgood@speakeasy.net> writes:

> Are you saying I get one and only one chance to change my difficulty level --
> after I do the training mission? That can't be right. Or is it?

You can change difficulty when you're presented with the mission
Briefing screen. On the right side of the screen while Garret is
talking you'll see a button labelled "difficulty". And you can only
change difficulty at the start of a mission, not in the middle of one.

--
Darin Johnson
Gravity is a harsh mistress -- The Tick