changing difficulty levels

When I click on 'new game' and 'difficulty' I am presented
with four difficulty options. Alas nothing I seem to do
on this end -- in particularly left and right clicking --
changes the default, which is set on normal. How do I
change my difficulty level to expert? Is there a secret code?
http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood
3 answers Last reply
More about changing difficulty levels
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Fred Hapgood" <fhapgood@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

    > When I click on 'new game' and 'difficulty' I am presented
    > with four difficulty options. Alas nothing I seem to do
    > on this end -- in particularly left and right clicking --
    > changes the default, which is set on normal. How do I
    > change my difficulty level to expert? Is there a secret code?
    > http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood

    The very first training level in a new game is a "normal" only level. When
    you pass through this level, you'll be able to change your difficulty
    setting.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:31:45 GMT, "Augustus" <tiberius@weeik.com> wrote:

    >The very first training level in a new game is a "normal" only level. When
    >you pass through this level, you'll be able to change your difficulty
    >setting.

    How? When I hit

    load
    Castle Front (the first mission)
    ESC (what else?)
    title menu (what else?)

    I'm back to New Game without ever being given a chance that I noticed to change
    my level.

    Are you saying I get one and only one chance to change my difficulty level --
    after I do the training mission? That can't be right. Or is it?

    Fred

    http://www.pobox.com/~hapgood
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Fred Hapgood <fhapgood@speakeasy.net> writes:

    > Are you saying I get one and only one chance to change my difficulty level --
    > after I do the training mission? That can't be right. Or is it?

    You can change difficulty when you're presented with the mission
    Briefing screen. On the right side of the screen while Garret is
    talking you'll see a button labelled "difficulty". And you can only
    change difficulty at the start of a mission, not in the middle of one.

    --
    Darin Johnson
    Gravity is a harsh mistress -- The Tick

Default Games Video Games