March 12, 2010 7:28:16 PM

This is the setup I am thinking of now:

Case: Antec 900
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
MB: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 2x2GB
GPU: XFX HD-587A-ZND9 Radeon HD 5870

My question is simple. I want my rig to look good inside as well as outside so what I need is suggestions on what products of the same quality and price range you would recommend that will make all the components match esthetically (i.e. same colors and stuff). Hopefully you understand what I mean.

More about : switch parts

March 12, 2010 7:34:03 PM

You may want to follow the guidelines from the link in my signature.

To be honest, if you're really worried about how everything looks, don't get a case with a window. Then no one can see that your RAM doesn't match your motherboard...

I would switch the case to the HAF 922. It's cheaper, larger and just plain better.

I'm hoping those Ripjaws are these: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7. If not, switch them.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:44:12 PM

I'm assuming you don't care about paying a little more for parts that complement each other aesthetically. If you want lowest price and matching, I think you're out of luck.

I'm going to try to go with the color scheme that the motherboard seems to be working with.

Corsair Ballistix w/ LEDs CAS 7 1333 MHz for about $130 or this G.Skill CAS 7 1600 MHz kit. Note that the Corsair RAM has blinking LEDs on it. I'm going to say it again. Blinking LEDs. This may or may not agree with your tastes.

Sapphire Vapor-X 5870 -- most of the 5870s have a red & black theme going on, this is one of the few that seems to be grey/black with a minor blue highlight.

There are some 80+ certified PSUs with blue LEDs, but that seems a little over the top as the PSU isn't really going to be seen that much, unless I'm really mistaken about the layout of the case.
m
l
Related resources
March 12, 2010 7:45:37 PM

Yeah those are the Ripjaws. You suggested them on another thread I wrote, thanks.

The Motherboard and RAMs actually do match up pretty well colorwise. What I can't find is a GPU manufacturer that makes that Card I want with colors and design that would match the MB. The MB is Blue/White, the RAM is Blue, and the GPU I chose is Black/Red.

I know this really isn't very important, or really not important at all :kaola:  but for some weird reason having the insides look good is something i would really like.

Thanks for all your help.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:49:02 PM

That Sapphire one is the only 5xxx series card I know about that's blue.

And coldsleep is a little wrong on the layout. With the 900/902, you can see the PSU's fans pretty easily, so a blue LED could be seen. I don't think it's worth it though. I take it back. There is this quality unit with a blue LED and black sides: Antec TruePower New TP-750 Blue for $100 after rebate.

You may want to consider the Antec 902. It has a black interior so it looks much, much cleaner than a silver one.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:51:55 PM

Yeah, I didn't really look at the case, so I was just guessing. :) 
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:52:06 PM

Hmm...that 902 looks really good.

Are Sapphire GPUs of equal quality as one made by XFX?

I don't know too much about how much brand name matters on these things.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:53:32 PM

gmatos78 said:
Hmm...that 902 looks really good.

Are Sapphire GPUs of equal quality as one made by XFX?

I don't know too much about how much brand name matters on these things.

Generally there isn't a lot of difference between manufacturers, but Sapphire and XFX are considered two of the better ones, for whatever reason.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:55:07 PM
March 12, 2010 7:55:34 PM

Right now, there is absolutely no technical difference between manufacturers for the 5xxx series cards. The reason many people like the XFX ones is their "double lifetime" warranty.
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:57:31 PM

Thank you all, this has been very helpful!
m
l
March 12, 2010 7:57:58 PM

I'm anxiously anticipating the OP deciding against blue and switching to an orange theme. :) 
m
l
March 12, 2010 8:00:47 PM

coldsleep said:
I'm anxiously anticipating the OP deciding against blue and switching to an orange theme. :) 

Haha, what would you suggest for an orange theme?
m
l
March 12, 2010 8:08:13 PM

gmatos78 said:
Haha, what would you suggest for an orange theme?

Nothing off the top of my head, I was really just thinking it would be funny if after all these parts were tracked down, you said "oh but I don't really like light blue...could you find something in orange?"

Heh.

It looks like most of the motherboards with orange accents are Elitegroup and Biostar, with a few ASRock in there. Not sure I'd really go for one of those. But they do have some orange. ;) 
m
l
March 12, 2010 8:11:48 PM

You can also paint your components to whatever color you want. There are several modding guides out there about it. I'm thinking about trying it with an old build if I can find the time.
m
l
!