Onboard video

hello i have a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz with onboard video.but it also has a nvidea 8800gt video card with dvi-hd ports on it 64 bitim trying to watch desktop on hdtv screen. when i update the driver for gt8800card it updates alright,but when i reboot it disables the nvidea 8800 gt card and only displays on the desktop screen.is there a way to get the video card to work. its vista program also.if i need to post more info please advise.thanks for any help.
18 answers Last reply
More about onboard video
  1. Go in the BIOS and disable the onboard video.
  2. uninstalled all nvidia drives rebooted and it reinstalled them but still didnt work.so i went in to bios disabled onboard display drive,rebooted and i got picture on hdtv but there is alot of lines running through the screen. could that be the result of a bad video card or something else. checked all connections good.thanks for all the help.
  3. System Information
    Time of this report: 10/23/2008, 05:18:33
    Machine name: BRIAN-PC
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 954MB used, 3385MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_06DC19F1&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 1269 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 501 MB
    Shared Memory: 767 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Dell E228WFP
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2umx.dll, nvwgf2um
    Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7519 (English)
    DDI Version: 10
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 5/16/2008 14:01:00, 8115712 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4551-11CF-1E67-D72602C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0611
    SubSys ID: 0x06DC19F1
    Revision ID: 0x00A2 ya i dont have one that is compatiable with this motherboard.
  4. i have a p cable plug in the video card,there is also a 2 prong cable attached to the p4 cable. does that plug into something. also my power supply is 600 watts.
  5. i get a cear pic for a few minutes then it goes all fuzzy or scrambly.getting closer.
  6. i have the video card connected to motherboard,then there is a p4 6 prong cable hooked up to the end of the video card. thats it.like i said i reboot and system comes up clear on tv for about 5 or so mins then freezes up or goes all fuzzy.
  7. mosox said:
    Go in the BIOS and disable the onboard video.

^I totally agree "if" the BIOS allows it.

If not then open the Device Manager, right-click {on-board GPU} select Disable, and restart.

Q - What ASUS MOBO?

BTW - I assume that your monitor is connected to the "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT" and not the on-board GPU...
  8. i did go into bios and disabled onboard i have pci-express video card working but only for about five minutes then it freezes or gets all fuzzy.
  9. The 'reason' I asked which ASUS MOBO is to 'see' if it has another PCIe slot. If not then 'if' you have another PC test the nVidia GPU in it.

I assume that you have connected the 6-pin power connector to the PSU??!!
  10. ya it only s one pci-e slot and yes the 6 pin power connecter is connected.and no i dont have another pc to test it in but im going to try and see if any friends have one.if not buy another pci-e card.thanks for your help.
  11. Q - I you use the on-board GPU does everything run??

Also, if the GPU fails on anther MOBO then you'll know it's the GPU. To rule-out any conflicts run MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic.
  12. whats gpu and mobo,im a newbie sorry...
  13. GPU = Graphic Processing Unit {Video Card}
    MOBO = Motherboard
  14. everything seems to be working fine right now ,internet,updates,protection software,etc...i am going to leave it on for awhile see what happens.post back
    tomorrow.thanks again.
  15. Cool - let us know! Good Luck! :sol:
  16. ya alls good today so far thanks for everybodys help,what a great site,cheers.
  17. once i updated 8800 video card driver then disabled onboard video card all was good.
  18. Best answer selected by weezer44.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Graphics Cards Video Motherboards