What is the best cooler out of these?

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I just want to lower my cpu heat so I'm going to buy one of these but I don't have much money to go for a branded one... Well can you help me to choose the best cooler out of these ones? One of my friend bought one and it worked well for him but my pc is a completely different one (Now I'm using the stock cooler comes with pentium dual core cpu)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Red-PC-CPU-Cooling-Fan-Cooler-Heatsink-For-Intel-LGA775-Core-Celeron-AMD-/350626235273?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item51a2f3c389

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CPU-Cooler-Fan-heatsink-f-intel-LGA775-Core-2-DUO-Celeron-Pentium-4-Pentium-D-/270962889286?pt=AU_Components&hash=item3f16a59246

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-CPU-Cooler-Fan-Cooling-Heatsink-f-intel-LGA775-1155-1156-AMD-754-AM2-AM2-AM3-/270962890333?pt=US_CPU_Fans_Heatsinks&hash=item3f16a5965d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PC-CPU-Cooling-Fan-Cooler-Heatsink-For-Intel-LGA775-LGA1156-Core-i7-i5-i3-/370645816674?pt=US_CPU_Fans_Heatsinks&hash=item564c365562

PC specs: Dual-Core E5400 3.12GHz(OC'd), Foxconn G41MD, 4GB DDR3, Gigabyte HD 5570 1GB, 2x 160GB HDDs, Pioneer DVD+RW, Audigy EAX HD PCI, Centurion MidTower casing with Extreme power plus 500W PSU

This is the one which my friend bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250821897074?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thanks

Solution
D
That is one dirty computer. A good can of compressed air would help that sucker out. Then after a good cleaning maybe rig a dust filter for the intake fans. Pantyhose would work as would a piece of a home air filter. I don't know about availability there but you can buy fan filters as well and they are really cheap. Like a few dollars each.

My opinion of those coolers stays the same. Clean what you have and keep it clean. And don't overclock with stock cooling.

cmstormscouts

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

To be honest, I'll not recommend any of them
Look soo cheap and will not last long
Atlease you going to be overclock or game playing something thats will make you get your temp higher it should be fine

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
But my friend got better results with his one....he had no cpu overheating problems anymore after replacing his stock cooler....so please at least tell me which one is the better one among those?? I know they cannot be comparable with branded coolers but my stock cooler sucks so I really wanna try

D

Deleted member 217926

Stock cooling should be fine for a stock chip. I really don't believe any of those coolers will give you better than stock performance. The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is the best of the budget coolers and can be had for $20.

If you are overheating with the stock cooler make sure it is dust free by blowing it out with a can of compressed air. Then you can reinstall it using some aftermarket thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5. Usually if overheating occurs with a stock chip and the stock heatsink it's either dust related or incorrectly installed.

What are your idle and load temps?

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

of the ones you listed , this , seems a bit larger than the blue higher cfm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Red-PC-CPU-Cooling-Fan-Cooler-Heatsink-For-Intel-LGA775-Core-Celeron-AMD-/350626235273?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item51a2f3c389

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I already tried that all all the replacing things myself years ago but no luck... I am using the CPU fan came with my stock cooler and heatsink core came with an aftermarket gigabyte cooler. Because it is larger than my very slim stock coolers one. Idle temps are between 47'C to 52'C but when I load NFS RUN or Most wanted 2012 they quickly go between 68'C to 75'C. I am using my dual core E5400 2.70Ghz CPU overclocked to 3.12Ghz though. And I am using Arctic silver SILVER grade thermal paste as well.

D

Deleted member 217926

Don't overclock with stock cooling...over and over and over. I don't know why anyone would do this. Every single guide ever written says this first.

As I said above get the Hyper 212+. It's $20 and very good especially for the price. These cheap no name coolers will have manufacturing problems and not make good contact with the CPU and also be made out of cheap materials that will not conduct heat very well. They generally don't perform as well as the stock cooler no matter how fancy they look. So waste $10 learning for yourself or spend $20 and get a quality product to begin with.

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
OK thanks for the reps but this is my custom cooler anyways... I know how badly it is affected by the dust but whether I cleaned em all it can barely survive 2 or 3 days without dust ...because here in sri lanka we got high temps and dust everywhere most of the time :|
Do you think this stock cooler is better than those ones from ebay?

sam2067u.jpg

sam2068h.jpg

sam2070q.jpg

D

Deleted member 217926

That is one dirty computer. A good can of compressed air would help that sucker out. Then after a good cleaning maybe rig a dust filter for the intake fans. Pantyhose would work as would a piece of a home air filter. I don't know about availability there but you can buy fan filters as well and they are really cheap. Like a few dollars each.

My opinion of those coolers stays the same. Clean what you have and keep it clean. And don't overclock with stock cooling.

Solution

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
The e5400 isn't a hot chip in all reality. Those temperatures aren't aweful being overclocked with a low TDP cooler like that. But I'll be honest here when I say it, the difference you're going to see in overclocking that chip isn't really worth the additional temperature.

First and foremost... blow the dust off that thing. Like anort3 said, the dust is a killer in itself.

Second, get a pack of zip ties and do some wire management. Even if you have a clean system, a bunch of wires piled everywhere can really cause poor airflow.

Third but not least, If you're going to overclock; make sure you have ventilation. The stock HSF for that chip is more than capable of handling the stock load while keeping it in a good temperature range. But with poor airflow and ventilation; if you have that case buttoned up and it can't get air; it's going to run hot even with an awesome cooler.

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
I really appreciate your help...and I am going to do that cleaning thing once agin...but what do you think about my heatsink core? I got it from my previous Gigabyte cooler and it is kind of a flexible thing...dust always stick to it so quickly than other heatsinks... I can't use my old stock heatsink because it's so slim and if I put it I can't ever play any game..temp goes to 80'C very quickly

D

Deleted member 217926

pasanwc

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
Yes I agree they are exactly like the ones I showed earlier...unbranded and even pricey than them...btw where is the answer to my question? what about my CPU heatsink core? is it good?

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

:O lol