Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Game isnt preforming as well as it should?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 13, 2013 6:31:50 PM

Hi, I have a E5400 dual core CPU (2.7) I oc'ed it to 3.7 without any issues or flaws. Also have a GTX 460 1gb version. And before i overclocked the processor, my games like (Sc2) would run horribly, like 40-60 fps at the start of the game. This goes for TF2 as well and sometimes League of Legends. Then I overclocked it, making it just a bit better. Sc2 now gets 80-100 FPS at the start, and tf2 maybe like 10 FPS increase. RAM is 4gb, and i checked task manager and it never goes above like 3gb. My cpu goes to about 80% instead of 95% with my unoverclocked E5400.
So the problem here is: why is the processor still not good enough for sc2 or even TF2? near the end of the game, i get about 20 FPS in sc2. same for TF2 when there are a ton of guys playing. Not a network issue, i did check that. Is my Dual Core E5400 Clocked at 3.7 ghz still not good enough? I had thought that the games would only take 2 cores. Thanks in advance.

More about : game isnt preforming

a c 120 à CPUs
a c 89 K Overclocking
January 13, 2013 10:04:25 PM

At 3.7GHz I would expect your gameplay to remain consistant throughout. What are you using for a heatsink there and what are your temps while gaming? Also what kind of airflow does your case have?
m
l
March 15, 2013 2:39:08 PM

sorry for the late reply
Yeah the temps are fine (HW monitor reported 32 degrees celcius on idle, around 40-50 in game.)
I have 3 case fans and a cooler master heatsink, so im not seeing mush of a problem there
Yeah sorry if I'm not that helpful, I'm not a tech guy but my brother is haha.
Thanks in advance.
m
l

Best solution

a c 120 à CPUs
a c 89 K Overclocking
March 17, 2013 3:24:40 PM

I'm thinking that there are quite a few 'tricks' out there (in cyberspace) to optimize gaming, a search my be helpful as far as what may be disabled due to (seemingly) competing for resources. It's the only thing that really comes to mind when I consider the frame rate dropping and holding after a period of time. Try this link http://www.okaygeek.com/blog/how-to-make-starcraft-2-ru... and this one http://www.nextlevelgamer.com/team-fortress-2/tf2-perfo... although I like the first one better.
Related resources
!