Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my gt 635m 2gb ddr3

Last response: in Overclocking
January 13, 2013 8:03:40 PM

i want to overclock my gpu its a asus k55vj with nvidia gt 635m 2gb ddr3 i cant find any overclocking programs that works :D  you know any solution
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2013 4:05:06 AM

I wouldn't recommend overclocking a Laptop Video Card because of the build up of heat and it will damage the GPU core if you overclock it too much. And if your GPU is soldered onto the motherboard, and it fails, you'll have to replace the entire Motherboard inside.

I have experienced it, and it is a really bad idea unless you are cooling the innards using a hose connected to a cold air-conditioner unit.

But if you are really adventurous about it, you can try RivaTuner.
February 18, 2013 8:37:10 PM

UltimateDeep said:
I wouldn't recommend overclocking a Laptop Video Card because of the build up of heat and it will damage the GPU core if you overclock it too much. And if your GPU is soldered onto the motherboard, and it fails, you'll have to replace the entire Motherboard inside.

I have experienced it, and it is a really bad idea unless you are cooling the innards using a hose connected to a cold air-conditioner unit.

But if you are really adventurous about it, you can try RivaTuner.

+1 This^
Related resources
February 9, 2014 2:23:13 PM

Hey, I know it's too late to answer, but it can help any1 who'll find this thread:
It's possible and easy to overclock this GPU... I made it and it works without problem!
Performance came up by 10-15% and temperature by 3 degreeds, so without OC: 88-92*C and with OC: 91-93*C... I am using MSI Afterburner with Core clock +130Mhz and Memory clock +115Mhz (More is possible but not stable!)...
AC IV: Black Flag wasn't possible to work on my laptop, but now: No lags or FPS falls, so works perfectly.. :) 
(P.S: Sorry for my English level :)  )
February 15, 2014 12:50:27 PM

Koby Cze said:
Hey, I know it's too late to answer, but it can help any1 who'll find this thread:
It's possible and easy to overclock this GPU... I made it and it works without problem!
Performance came up by 10-15% and temperature by 3 degreeds, so without OC: 88-92*C and with OC: 91-93*C... I am using MSI Afterburner with Core clock +130Mhz and Memory clock +115Mhz (More is possible but not stable!)...
AC IV: Black Flag wasn't possible to work on my laptop, but now: No lags or FPS falls, so works perfectly.. :) 
(P.S: Sorry for my English level :)  )

Hey, are you sure this will work? ... one time i brought my GT 635m on MSI Afterburner to CORE +115 and MEMORY +112, and my games started acting weird ... I would get nice FPS but after like 10 minutes the games would freeze and id have to close them ... i just wanna make sure it wont f up my laptop ... thanks!
!