RAM to finish my build

luckydemon

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
I have recently built a new gaming specific PC but am in the dark as to which type of RAM to get.

I have the MSI H55M-ED55 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130264

PNY XLR8 GTX 470
i5 760
730W PSU
2TB HD
64GB SSD

and plan on installing Win7 ultimate 64bit on the SSD when I get the RAM.

Can anyone recommend any type of RAM? I'm looking to stay in the sub $100 range, looking for between 4GB and 6GB unless you think 2GB would be enough.

I'm not 100% clear on why some people are using 2 x 1GB sticks and thats all for some gaming PC's unless DDR3 makes that much a difference.

I'm not really clear on the whole latency or voltage and I don't plan to OC my CPU or GPU any, if at all. I'd probably OC my GPU before my CPU, though.

Any recommendation of which RAM to get (with links to a page [Newegg, tigerdirect, eBay, amazon, etc]) or any clarification of what the whole voltage/latency is, and if its very important to me would be immensly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Perhaps this isn't important but I plan to do 3D in the future if that is at all relevant, for Black Ops, Bad Company 2, L4D/2.

luckydemon

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
That's the same link to the same product. And don't ask me why but I don't like Mushkin. :/

Kingston, crucial, PNY, corsair. I think I've heard of Geil and I'd imagine the G. Skill is good but I never really heard if them.