Sign in with
Your question

Can i use just an SSD in my system?

Last response: in Storage
April 4, 2012 9:51:57 PM

I recently just purchased a 60gb SSD and absolutely despise having two hard drive in windows, the thing wasnt built for multiple hard drives (folder wise, save files, you name it, not intuitive at all).

So what i think i am going to do is return this SSD, sell my HDD and buy a 256gb SSD (i will never come close to filling it).

Is there any downsides to just having an SSD in a system?

More about : ssd system

April 4, 2012 11:23:51 PM

It's a downside having only 1 single drive of any type in your system. You really need a backup drive to store files, games, etc. on. Or do you want to reinstall EVERYTHING from scratch should you have a problem with the boot drive?
m
l
a c 99 G Storage
April 4, 2012 11:24:24 PM

Other than the size limit, and no back up, NOPE!
m
l
Related resources
April 4, 2012 11:27:43 PM

Good to hear, really sick of all the bogus stuff i gotta do to make things work properly with 2 hard drives, i just think windows 7 wasnt designed for 2 hard drives.

Time to save up for a 256gb unit i guess, anyone wanna buy an OCZ agility 3 60gb?!
m
l
April 4, 2012 11:30:36 PM

Having no backup is no big deal to me, i dont store anything irreplacable on my PC or anything like that, and re-downloading drivers and steam and world of warcraft (basicallly everything on my PC) takes no time at all really (less than half a day).

m
l
April 5, 2012 3:04:35 PM

Scotty99 said:
I recently just purchased a 60gb SSD and absolutely despise having two hard drive in windows, the thing wasnt built for multiple hard drives (folder wise, save files, you name it, not intuitive at all).

So what i think i am going to do is return this SSD, sell my HDD and buy a 256gb SSD (i will never come close to filling it).

Is there any downsides to just having an SSD in a system?

Nothing prevent you from doing this. personaly I use only 1 hard drive but splited it in 2. C have my windows instalation and everything else is on the D hard drive. So I can format and keep everything .
m
l
!