Need Help Finding Online Photo Album

Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures that my
friends and family can see and was wondering if you could help?

What I need :

Free!
Anyone can view the albums without needing to sign up for anything
A site that allows me to download the exact resolution picture that I
uploaded.

I was using Yahoo but found out that if you don't pay them you can't
download pictures at the full resolution.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris
8 answers Last reply
More about need finding online photo album

    "Guncho" <cgunter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures that my
    > friends and family can see and was wondering if you could help?
    >
    > What I need :
    >
    > Free!
    > Anyone can view the albums without needing to sign up for anything
    > A site that allows me to download the exact resolution picture that I
    > uploaded.
    >
    > I was using Yahoo but found out that if you don't pay them you can't
    > download pictures at the full resolution.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Chris

    Chris

    I use PhotoBucket it's free but you can upgrade if you choose, I use the
    free version, I put some of my pics on there to show family and friends
    works well there is a max size but its plenty and the pics get sized
    automatically

    Here is my link to give you some idea
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/
    (I have sized my pics down to 50% so they fit on the screen you can choose
    to do this by clicking the edit button above your own pics if you sign up).
    What I will say though is always back your pics up on disk etc never rely on
    another source such as online photo albums.

    Stu

    "Guncho" <cgunter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures that my
    > friends and family can see and was wondering if you could help?
    >
    > What I need :
    >
    > Free!
    > Anyone can view the albums without needing to sign up for anything
    > A site that allows me to download the exact resolution picture that I
    > uploaded.
    >
    > I was using Yahoo but found out that if you don't pay them you can't
    > download pictures at the full resolution.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Chris
    "Guncho" <cgunter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures that my
    > friends and family can see and was wondering if you could help?
    >
    > What I need :
    >
    > Free!
    > Anyone can view the albums without needing to sign up for anything
    > A site that allows me to download the exact resolution picture that I
    > uploaded.
    >
    > I was using Yahoo but found out that if you don't pay them you can't
    > download pictures at the full resolution.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Chris

    Chris

    I use PhotoBucket it's free but you can upgrade if you choose, I use the
    free version, I put some of my pics on there to show family and friends
    works well there is a max size but its plenty and the pics get sized
    automatically

    Here is my link to give you some idea
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v476/Goatsmilkuk/Goa/
    (I have sized my pics down to 50% so they fit on the screen you can choose
    to do this by clicking the edit button above your own pics if you sign up).
    What I will say though is always back your pics up on disk etc never rely on
    another source such as online photo albums.

    Stu

    "Guncho" <cgunter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures that my
    | friends and family can see and was wondering if you could help?
    |
    | What I need :
    |
    | Free!
    | Anyone can view the albums without needing to sign up for anything
    | A site that allows me to download the exact resolution picture that I
    | uploaded.
    |
    | I was using Yahoo but found out that if you don't pay them you can't
    | download pictures at the full resolution.
    |
    | Any help is appreciated.
    |
    | Chris

    Online Photo Resource Guide
    http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html

    Just click "Show me the sites" if you want to see them all.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    I use photo.net,

    Not only can you put pics up for people to look at, but it's a great resouce
    site as well.

    www.photo.net

    --
    Michael Brown
    Melbourne Australia

    "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> writes:

    > Online Photo Resource Guide
    > http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html
    >
    > Just click "Show me the sites" if you want to see them all.

    Please add ourdoings.com to your database.

    No, no prints.

    Ebay Hosting/Direct Linking to images
    Access to the original images you uploaded
    No Advertising

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
    Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.

    On 30 Nov 2004 12:44:22 -0800
    cgunter@hotmail.com (Guncho) wrote:

    > Hi everybody I'm looking for a good place to store pictures
    > that my friends and family can see and was wondering if you
    > could help?

    Ask you ISP. Most ISPs offer free webspace with your account.
    Just upload the pics there, and find some simple gallery
    software, or write a simple page linking to the pics.

    QDIG - http://qdig.sourceforge.net/ is a simple, easy to setup
    and use php script that will create a basic gallery.

    -Chris D

    "Bruce Lewis" <brlspam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> writes:
    |
    | > Online Photo Resource Guide
    | > http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/albums.html
    | >
    | > Just click "Show me the sites" if you want to see them all.
    |
    | Please add ourdoings.com to your database.
    |
    | No, no prints.
    |
    | Ebay Hosting/Direct Linking to images
    | Access to the original images you uploaded
    | No Advertising
    |
    | --
    |
    | http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
    | Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.

    I was just relating a resource. It's not my database. You'd have to contact
    the webmaster at the site.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,alt.websites (More info?)

    Chris D wrote:

    >QDIG - http://qdig.sourceforge.net/ is a simple, easy to setup
    >and use php script that will create a basic gallery.

    will it allow you to host a photosite on your website, will it allow passwords
    for different owners? assigning different amounts of storage to each user? urls
    for each photo? etc and yada??

    I am still looking for software similar to that on PhotoPoint/PhotoIsland to put
    on my own webhosting "real estate"..

    thanks
    chas

Download Photo Resolution Cameras