vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
i want to which is best buy Seagate Momentus XT ST750LX003 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Solid State Hybrid Drive is 175$ for 750gb but SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III costs 175$ but for 128gb which is best buy..

Solution
The SSD is of course much faster and 128GB is fine for installing the OS and a couple of necessary apps,but you definitely need a HDD with it.So if either of those will be your PC's only drive,then go with the Seagate one(however,the failure rate on Hybrid HDD's is higher than normal HDD's,so I'd recommend a normal HDD like WD Caviar Black);otherwise,as I said,get the Samsung as the drive for your OS and get a HDD for other things such as vids/pics etc.
The SSD is of course much faster and 128GB is fine for installing the OS and a couple of necessary apps,but you definitely need a HDD with it.So if either of those will be your PC's only drive,then go with the Seagate one(however,the failure rate on Hybrid HDD's is higher than normal HDD's,so I'd recommend a normal HDD like WD Caviar Black);otherwise,as I said,get the Samsung as the drive for your OS and get a HDD for other things such as vids/pics etc.

Solution