a b à CPUs
May 21, 2010 10:17:15 AM

hello
would you help me to find better cpu?
intel e6300 or x2 250?

More about : compare cpu e6500 250

May 21, 2010 12:26:14 PM

Quote:

The E6300 is s775, which is a dead end and uses DDR2.

Some 775 mobo's like my own use DDR3, I wouldnt call it a dead end if your on a budget like myself i never spend more than £200-£300 at a time if you can show me a i3/i5/i7 based pc that would out perform my rig for less than £400 i would be very interested
Related resources
May 21, 2010 2:50:42 PM

Quote:
Yes some do. But very few. Either way, its dead. You will never be able to upgrade your rig.

I could easily build a Phenom 2 system for under $350 that would outperform your rig and would be fully upgradeable through 2011.

Eithelwulf said:
Some 775 mobo's like my own use DDR3, I wouldnt call it a dead end if your on a budget like myself i never spend more than £200-£300 at a time if you can show me a i3/i5/i7 based pc that would out perform my rig for less than £400 i would be very interested

What Phenom 2 got to do with what I asked I’m sorry personal preference I don’t do AMD

lets exclude my crap Gtx250's from that equation as I hate em and want rid comparing these graphics cards to ati @ same price is a no brainer and ill haply admit that I made a mistake with my gpu's.

You say I will never be able to upgrade my rig well I just did a week ago I was using a E8600 now I’m running a QX9650 your telling me this was not an upgrade.

Next upgrade will be a new psu I can then use this psu to run my Mrs. Rig I will be going for overkill on the psu to give me some future proofing as this is the only component that you can really future proof to any degree in a pc. That £120 and I’m gaining another pc out of it.

Now next will be getting rid of them horrid gfx cards prob in around 6-8 months by the time I have the cash yes this will be an expensive upgrade I want a 480. Ok now @ this point I agree its dead ended but with top end components this will be more than good enough to max out most games. So ill be happy enough running that rig for 12-18 months no prob, and out of my spare parts will have a 3rd rig for the kids to use the old Dell p4 they use atm getting vvv old.

Right now I’ve had 12-18 months to save up and now I can go out buy a decent I7/mobo and ram to go with it without a major drop in the quality of components i.e. mid to high end stuff.

Now please explain to me how you can say I can’t upgrade my rig. Also if I don’t follow my upgrade path and rush out to replace my mobo/cpu and ram now there won’t be a 3rd pc for the kids and they would be cheap crap which would be a waste of money as I wouldn’t be happy with them and have to upgrade agen

Yes I’m always one tech level behind currant but I don’t care about bragging right “oh I’ve got the new I7”, all I care about is playing game's as close to maxed out as my money will allow
May 21, 2010 3:03:31 PM

ops sorry missed off my conclousion the whole point of my post,
You said catagorically i could not upgrade my rig suggesting no one else with a 775 socket mobo could not either ..... errr wrong

If you select your components carefully there is allways an upgrade path
!