Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Kingston RAM 4GB should I buy now?

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 9, 2010 6:20:01 PM

Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module - KHX1600C9D3K2/4GX

I see that bu y .co m has a sale on 4GB set - $50 AR

I am waiting for SB in Jan 2011

Will this 1600 speed ram work on SB mobo?

Is this such a good deal that I should buy it now or should i wait until January? Risk I see is that I buy it but by the time I can try it out, if its broken I will be past the RMA window.

More about : kingston ram 4gb buy

a b } Memory
November 9, 2010 6:42:56 PM

I can't think of a single reason why 1600 won't be supported, but even if it isn't, buying now would be a bad move. If the deal seems too good to pass up, find a way to test the RAM before the RMA window is closed. If the test results are favorable, store the RAM in its original packaging, and then seal it in an anti-static bag.
m
0
l
a b } Memory
November 10, 2010 7:39:18 AM

I estimate that the RAM price won't change dramatically to jump to very expensive in the next 2-months period until Jan 2011.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 10, 2010 3:27:25 PM

No I agree.......it was more that there was a "great deal" on that RAM at $50 vs $90 generally.

I guess I'll just wait and see what "great deals" they have on RAM in January once SB chips are available and I'm ready to buy my system. Will feel silly if I spend $50 now and then something is wrong, and I can't return it, and I have to buy RAM twice.
m
0
l
a b } Memory
November 11, 2010 4:38:51 AM

yea sorry, I suggest you to waiting too.
m
0
l
!